• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
<adopt Kiwi mode after 1st odi>

Are these the best bowlers the Black Caps have?

They have really deteriorated since the WC

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Australia, first and foremost. Can't wait for a decider on Monday.

Secondly, at what point do we say that Adam Milne isn't a strike bowler at all no matter how fast he bowls? 32 ODIs, taken 3 wickets once, avg of 40 strike rate just as bad. Not saying he's a bad bowler, just saying he's not a wicket taker so if he's been selected on that basis, it ain't happening.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Good performance from Aussie. I thought Hastings should have been MoM because his 0-39, although it took no wickets, was superb, and he scored more with the bat at a time when the lower order could have disintegrated.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Well done Australia, first and foremost. Can't wait for a decider on Monday.

Secondly, at what point do we say that Adam Milne isn't a strike bowler at all no matter how fast he bowls? 32 ODIs, taken 3 wickets once, avg of 40 strike rate just as bad. Not saying he's a bad bowler, just saying he's not a wicket taker so if he's been selected on that basis, it ain't happening.
If he could get any movement at all he'd be tremendous. But he doesn't. He's so straight that even at 150km/h a No. 8 batsman can hit him through the line with ease.

I think he has huge potential though.

Flem274*

123/5
This has become a bit of a doddle. I'm surprised the White Akram (TM) / GOAT/ Move Over Davo hasn't taken 7 for 1 and finished this off.
The New Michael Holding getting bombed by Johnny Hastings. Itstl.
Good win that. Especially against an atg nz side full of superstars.
good to see some proper recognition from across the Tasman. Well done to the little Aussies tonight, but they need their promising young cricketer simon smith to fire soon!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If he could get any movement at all he'd be tremendous. But he doesn't. He's so straight that even at 150km/h a No. 8 batsman can hit him through the line with ease.

He's going to need to do something. 145km ish with an action that gives the batsmen a good look the whole way through isn't cutting it. He actually hits pretty good areas in a pitch map sense but doesn't get bounce or swing it.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

Milne can swing the new ball like a banana when he drops his pace a touch but he hasn't had much of a chance to do that on the international stage and when he does I think he gets carried away with trying to bowl phaaast. Being a third seamer in ODIs is just a **** job tbh and he's doing alright at it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Milne can swing the new ball like a banana when he drops his pace a touch but he hasn't had much of a chance to do that on the international stage and when he does I think he gets carried away with trying to bowl phaaast. Being a third seamer in ODIs is just a **** job tbh and he's doing alright at it.
I agree he's doing a decent job, for the record. Think it's been said before, he's been a Gavin Larsen clone in terms of his RPO in the past at 145 clicks, not threatening to get anyone out. Maybe that's part of his maturing is to drop that pace and not get carried away with the public being barred up about the pace he hits, and getting a big cheer when 150 flashes up.