• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another wonderful footnote in the history of cricket by the Marsh family.

Haters vanquished

Spark

Global Moderator
So Marsh is batting really well

Edit: You'd think NZ might have learned by now not to bowl to his pull shot though
you really shouldn't do it at all. even if he hits it at you, you're a chance to break a hand trying to catch it because he absolutely nails them.

social

Fun stats

Marsh in odis - batting average 38.5, bowling average 33.7 E/R 5.7

Stokes in odis - batting average 21.4, bowling average 35.2 E/R 6.22

If Richard and C_C were still around, those stats are good for 40 pages

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jesus, not much substance in this Aussie line up is there? Maxwell is a prank cricketer.
Not the first Victorian to have won the Australian ODI Cricketer of the year to be considered a prank cricketer. I do miss having a Bevan/Hussey type at 5 or 6 to control the innings. If you look around the domestic scene it is hard to find someone who is capable of doing that.

Voges probably is the best at it but we need to be looking for someone younger. Nathan Reardon actually is pretty consistent in the Matador Cup but definitely shouldn't be making the team

Gnske

Not the first Victorian to have won the Australian ODI Cricketer of the year to be considered a prank cricketer. I do miss having a Bevan/Hussey type at 5 or 6 to control the innings. If you look around the domestic scene it is hard to find someone who is capable of doing that.

Voges probably is the best at it but we need to be looking for someone younger. Nathan Reardon actually is pretty consistent in the Matador Cup but definitely shouldn't be making the team
Offensive.

Should have kept the other Hussey around tbh.

social

I am a massive fan of MMarsh's potential

Many have suggested that this test series is his last chance saloon for the time being but I beg to differ

I know his batting technique is lacking but his ceiling is so high that I would persevere as he is a 100 test + player if I have ever seen one and he can always compensate with a few wickets in the meantime

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Australia have come back well after some daft cricket. Their engine room getting the home after what was actually a good bowling performance which might go under the radar.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hastings has catapulted from someone who would struggle to make an Aus A side to probably one of the best 11 ODI cricketers in the country in the space of a few months

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has become a bit of a doddle. I'm surprised the White Akram (TM) / GOAT/ Move Over Davo hasn't taken 7 for 1 and finished this off.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Some strange defensive captaincy from BMac. Henry & Boult didn't bowl enough overs when it really mattered. Why take a bloke off (at 144/4) when he's on fire and just got 2 in 2 balls, with 3 overs unbowled. If he got one more then Wade was next in.