• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Man that was a bum shellacking of epic proportions. The part I enjoyed most about the Aussie performance was how Khwaja and Dum Dum batted at the beginning. They didn't close their eyes and slog, they just played good cricket shots. Once it was evident there was no swing for Boult, NZ was playing catch up.

Well done to Oz for tying up the series. At least I won't have to listen to the radio sports guys bleating on about how damn awesome we are. We're a good team, no doubt about that, but the real test is Oz and they are showing just how to play the game.
Urgh, this is such a garbage post.

For a start, I don't think even the most hardcore Aussie fan would classify this as an "epic bum shellacking" (or EBS for short). While they got home pretty comfortably in the end, there was a long stretch of the 2nd innings where the game was in the balance, and for a short while after Warner's dismissal NZ were probably favourites. If you want an actual EBS try going back to the first ODI. Aus really showed "how to play the game" then. Although I guess that doesn't fit as comfortably into your "NZ is horribly overrated on talkback, can't you see how average they are?!?!?" narrative

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was gonna rant about how the 2nd and 3rd ODI should have been a Friday / Sunday double rather than having the decider on a crappy Monday, but I just remembered yesterday was Waitangi Day so I presume that's why they may have scheduled it this way.

Still wahh

vandem

International 12th Man
Two thoughts from the closing hour of the game:

(1) we missed Mitch Mc for wicket taking ability.

(2) think Baz made some wrong choices to Hastings. When Hastings was 11* (21) he brought in Anderson to replace Santner (who had finished his 10 overs). Hastings had looked solid against the quicks, but had mistimed Santner a couple of times. Williamson may have been the better choice. Then from the other end the quicks didn't switch to short ball tactics until Hastings was into 30s and the runs needed was < 20. Think that if Mitch was there he would have pursuaded Baz to switch tactics / fields earlier.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Screw that. Got to drop the kids at school in the 'burbs tomorrow morning then have court in town afterwards. And I'm baching for the week as the better half is in Chicago for work. Means I'll have to cook* until Saturday. FML

*Get a kebab from across the road or go to the pub

TNT

Banned
Two thoughts from the closing hour of the game:

(1) we missed Mitch Mc for wicket taking ability.

(2) think Baz made some wrong choices to Hastings. When Hastings was 11* (21) he brought in Anderson to replace Santner (who had finished his 10 overs). Hastings had looked solid against the quicks, but had mistimed Santner a couple of times. Williamson may have been the better choice. Then from the other end the quicks didn't switch to short ball tactics until Hastings was into 30s and the runs needed was < 20. Think that if Mitch was there he would have pursuaded Baz to switch tactics / fields earlier.
Who would made way for Mitch to play?.

vandem

International 12th Man
Who would made way for Mitch to play?.
McClenaghan's normal role in ODIs / T20s is 3rd seamer (so rotates with Milne, or Milne takes the new ball when Southee / Boult rested or injured) or 4th seamer (and we play one less batsman, and depend on more runs from the top 3).

Either way I'd prefer Henry (new ball) and Mitch (3rd / 4th seamer) to be automatic picks in LO sides, and rotate the other quicks around them.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I was gonna rant about how the 2nd and 3rd ODI should have been a Friday / Sunday double rather than having the decider on a crappy Monday, but I just remembered yesterday was Waitangi Day so I presume that's why they may have scheduled it this way.

Still wahh
It's cos Monday is a holiday in NZ so they get two days where people can attend for the whole day

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I presume its a holiday as Waitangi Day was on a weekend?

That's what I mean, at first found it lame but then realised the scheduling made sense.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointed with the result last night, but thought it was a fantastic game of cricket. Kudos to Marsh and Australia.

Hope we can bounce back tomorrow and clinch the series.