• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

91Jmay

International Coach
Had a laugh about it the other day, but really hope Andy gets on them hard about the fielding. Luckily the dropsies have been mainly non-Test players (Morgan has had a mare in the field and Patel today) but he needs to refocus on that.

Good job these Aussies are so **** though that we aren't being punished.
As I said Morgan is having a mare in the field :p

ajdude

International Coach
thank **** smith's up the order...ideally we should've picked Johnson instead of forrest for more batting depth >.>

don't think it matters a whole lot though

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really is an odd looking chap, Smith.

Clarke run out as I type. Never a run in a million years. Sheesh. WTF is going on out there?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

It's like the two teams are trying to out**** themselves with fielding/running/batting.

Oz winning comfortably, TBF to them.

91Jmay

International Coach
:laugh:

It's like the two teams are trying to out**** themselves with fielding/running/batting.

Oz winning comfortably, TBF to them.
England have batted and ran fine in the series. Fielding i'd say England are well ahead of Aus in the ****e department as well.

stumpski

International Captain
Not that bothered about these quick singles, tbh - they shouldn't hurt us too much.

Tidy start from Sammy as well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have batted and ran fine in the series. Fielding i'd say England are well ahead of Aus in the ****e department as well.
I was referring to this innings, our fielding has been the only **** thing about us all "summer". been particularly hideous today:)

Jacknife

International Captain
yes only the catching's been poor, the ground fielding, bowling and batting have been good.

Ah right.

Last edited:

greg

International Debutant
I am a big fan of Bresnan but I totally agree with you and have done for ages. The trouble is Bresnan has played well in tests and doesn't really deserve to be dropped and in the test against WI that Finn played he was outbowled by Onions anyway. Least we have good options now and could put out 2 very good attacks that would be better than our 80's/90's/early 00's attacks.

Nice headache for the selectors to have.
Test match bowling requires a bit more than bowling a few good overs with the new ball. And anyway, the way Anderson and Broad have been bowling in the last 12 months there is no new ball vacancy anyway. Bresnan, despite all the talk about "being a different bowler post injury" has still been pretty effective when you actually look at the stats. Most of the talk seemed to be based on one match.

And he is worth at least 40 extra runs with the bat (both his runs and the batsman at the other end).

Jacknife

International Captain
Test match bowling requires a bit more than bowling a few good overs with the new ball. And anyway, the way Anderson and Broad have been bowling in the last 12 months there is no new ball vacancy anyway. Bresnan, despite all the talk about "being a different bowler post injury" has still been pretty effective when you actually look at the stats. Most of the talk seemed to be based on one match.

And he is worth at least 40 extra runs with the bat (both his runs and the batsman at the other end).
Agree mate.