• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finn has everything you'd ever want in a strike bowler.

May not be a popular opinion but he is easily superior to Bresnan as a bowler
I am a big fan of Bresnan but I totally agree with you and have done for ages. The trouble is Bresnan has played well in tests and doesn't really deserve to be dropped and in the test against WI that Finn played he was outbowled by Onions anyway. Least we have good options now and could put out 2 very good attacks that would be better than our 80's/90's/early 00's attacks.

Nice headache for the selectors to have.

Jacknife

International Captain
WTF was that, fat ****ing prick, how did he drop that, he was there in position, the catching has been ****ing horrible this series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good form in one-day cricket should not IMO automatically lead to Test selection.

Neil Fairbrother, just shown on TV, was probably England's best ODI batsman in the mid-1990s but couldn't get near the Test side.

Having said that I don't think Finn's selection would make us weaker.
Played a few times, didn't he? My memory is he didn't have the technique for tests, wee bit too loose outside off.

Oh, Sammy. That's shocking.

Jacknife

International Captain
Ouch spinner does for Warner, good job the bowling's been good this series.

I don't know why but when it's one of the new guys dropping catches it makes me angrier.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha out to Tredwell, he should be ashamed.

Looked like it turned too much to me but what do i know.

Nah decent call.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how anyone can get out to Tredwell, definition of worthless off spin. Warner did well to play such a stupid shot I suppose.