• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

stumpski

International Captain
OK we could probably take WI and NZ (and BangZim, obv) - not sure about anyone else though.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can someone explain what just happened?

Surely while checking for the carry - if that's what they're doing - someone noticed he missed it?

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Can someone explain what just happened?

Surely while checking for the carry - if that's what they're doing - someone noticed he missed it?
If he hadn't hit it - surely he would have reviewed the decision. He didn't, ergo - he hit it.

Snicko confirms he hit it.

stumpski

International Captain
As Athers just pointed out, Aus have a review, so even after being given out by the TV umpire Pattinson could have stood his ground.

Bailey making it look half-respectable.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Should still be easily chaseable. If we can't we don't deserve to win, would be very gettable even if this was a t20.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bailey has been one of the few bright spots for Australia

Funny how he has a good domestic record as well

Maybe the selectors could look at that next time

Jacknife

International Captain
They needed those last 5 or so overs just to give them a fighting chance, still well below par I'd have thought and England will fancy chasing them down.

stumpski

International Captain
Should still be easily chaseable. If we can't we don't deserve to win, would be very gettable even if this was a t20.
Yeah wickets are the key, so long as we're not 30-3 or something there shouldn't be a problem. For once I have no problem with the top three digging in.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yeah wickets are the key, so long as we're not 30-3 or something there shouldn't be a problem. For once I have no problem with the top three digging in.
Only way Aus can really win this I'd have thought is by taking a few early wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Curtly Bopara gets another, his bowling really is underrated.
Like Howe, I've been a fan for a while. I've said so a few times. He's been quite good in domestic one day cricket for ages and his bowling had visibly improved quite a bit just prior to and including the last World Cup. Awesome to see him start having some international success with it.

What really strikes me is that rather than just at times looking like a very effective part-time medium pacer who takes the pace off the ball ala Collingwood, he has moments where he looks like a proper medium quick bowler. Not quite an international standard front liner obviously but not as far off as many would think.

Jacknife

International Captain
Bailey has been one of the few bright spots for Australia

Funny how he has a good domestic record as well

Maybe the selectors could look at that next time
This was Bailey's best innings this series, his other knock was at the Oval but it was a horrible paced innings, where he was 26 off 60 at one point.

Jacknife

International Captain
Like Howe, I've been a fan for a while. I've said so a few times. He's been quite good in domestic one day cricket for ages and his bowling had visibly improved quite a bit just prior to and including the last World Cup. Awesome to see him start having some international success with it.

What really strikes me is that rather than just at times looking like a very effective part-time medium pacer who takes the pace off the ball ala Collingwood, he has moments where he looks like a proper medium quick bowler. Not quite an international standard front liner obviously but not as far off as many would think.
Yes he seems to have got about 5mph faster, a lot of the time he does surprise batsmen with his pace even though it's around 80 or so, he does gets the ball to skid onto the batmen.

Mckay could be quiet tricky in these conditions.

Jacknife

International Captain
Just what they needed, for or all the jaffas we bowled it's what we didn't manage to do and get early wickets.