• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2018 in UAE

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure why people react this way every time an Associate nation gets rolled. Check out any Bangladesh match from 2000-2004-05 and you will find a majority of such performances. This is an essential part of the learning.

cnerd123

likes this
Not bowling too badly with the new ball, but I've seen these two bowl better.

The nerves, the lack of experience at this level, the eagerness to do well - it's as evident as the gap in skill. The former can only be addressed with more games at this level, the latter with more funding and resources.

cnerd123

likes this
You know what I find annoying? You have Group A and Group B named arbitrarily, and for some reason the first game of the tournament is a Group B one. Why not a Group A one?

cnerd123

likes this
I wasn't paying too much attention but wasn't it edged? The 2nd was plumb I agree.
Nah, the times of lines showed up as the ball touched the pad and after it had passed the bat. One of the commentators tried to justify it by saying Snicko takes a while to catch up to the video, but to my understanding they're all synchronised, which means that the tiny spike could not have come from the bat.

Ehsan Khan with his 2nd wicket! Wonderful bowling. Such a quality player.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I don't think you know what expat means, given the bulk of the HK squad was born in HK, and nearly all of them have been here since they were little kids. Several of them speak fluent Cantonese too.
Most of them based on a google are not born there or are just first gen and play for hk because they can't play for better /their native countries. See Chapman.

cnerd123

likes this
Most of them based on a google are not born there or are just first gen and play for hk because they can't play for better /their native countries. See Chapman.
You say first gen as tho being born here isn't good enough. And most of those born overseason grew up here - Aizaz Khan for instance, learnt how to play cricket while in school in HK, and has represented HK through every age group.

I wonder if you're this skeptical about players like Kevin Pietersen, Fawad Ahmed, Grant Elliot, Eoin Morgan, Sam Robson, Brendan Nash, Andrew Strauss, Neil Wagner, etc, etc, or if you just wait to spout these tired bull**** cliches anytime you see an Associate nation play.