• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2018 in UAE

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan have been absolutely ruthless against minnows lately and they're quite tough to beat in the UAE. So it's a tough assignment. I think India might struggle against them too.

cnerd123

likes this
Atkinson has a full time job and isn't available for us as often as we'd like. And yea, Chapman has traded in playing in the Asia Cup against India and Pakistan for playing in New Zealand against Otagao and Wellington.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan have been absolutely ruthless against minnows lately and they're quite tough to beat in the UAE. So it's a tough assignment. I think India might struggle against them too.
If you're referring to their clean record in UAE from the Misbah era, that's strictly Tests.

They actually have quite a poor LO record in UAE, having lost in the UAE to
England
Australia
South Africa
New Zealand

and they've only beaten Sri Lanka and West Indies in the UAE

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The one problem I have with not having Hafeez in the ODI set up is that it makes Shoaib Malik your 6th bowler and the guy can't seriously be considered a 6th bowler anymore. Bowls a few full tosses an over and you can't risk him against India or Bangladesh or Sri Lanka

cnerd123

likes this
Got rekt by Usman Khan, and now he's off injured. How unfair that HK had to face that bowling but India might be spared it.

vcs

Got rekt by Usman Khan, and now he's off injured. How unfair that HK had to face that bowling but India might be spared it.
I like how you've assumed that HK will beat India for this scenario to matter.

cnerd123

likes this
You can't expect much more from a Hodge podge of commonwealth expats. Goes for uae, Bahrain, kuwait etc too.
I don't think you know what expat means, given the bulk of the HK squad was born in HK, and nearly all of them have been here since they were little kids. Several of them speak fluent Cantonese too.

Last edited:

Daemon

The combined average of Pakistan's openers exceeds the target by a healthy 28 runs