• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Had he said "viV riklhards woz liek well beta thn gilkrst, coz e woz blak liek!?!?", then that doesn't make any sense, and should just be ignored. Mohammed has put a point across that makes sense, because he has explained why he has said what he has and so on, even though I don't really agree with him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PhoenixFire said:
Had he said "viV riklhards woz liek well beta thn gilkrst, coz e woz blak liek!?!?", then that doesn't make any sense, and should just be ignored. Mohammed has put a point across that makes sense, because he has explained why he has said what he has and so on, even though I don't really agree with him.
?

Phoenix, I took note of your earlier statement that Ames was the best wk/batsman ever

Seriously, whether i favour Gilchrist or not, that can't be true

By any measure, Ames was ordinary against anyone other than average and can more readily be compared to mere mortals than Gilly, Knott, Sanga, Flower, etc

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just ask SS, I have a strange obsession with older players that somehow get forgotten, I'm not gonna try and explain it, just strange.

Fiery

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
Just ask SS, I have a strange obsession with older players that somehow get forgotten, I'm not gonna try and explain it, just strange.
hence the Harold Larwood avatar.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Nothing wrong with that, I have a few obsessions myself.:laugh:

howardj

International Coach
GoT_SpIn said:
Missed it all. Stupid work :@
Yeah, me too.

What a dud Series though. Feels like we've gone into the cricket sales-yard, bought a shiny new Series that was promised to run like a dream and go the full distance. Then you get the thing home, discover the hub caps have fallen off on the way, and it's a complete and utter friggin' lemon. :ph34r:

Fiery

Banned
howardj said:
Yeah, me too.

What a dud Series though. Feels like we've gone into the cricket sales-yard, bought a shiny new Series that was promised to run like a dream and go the full distance. Then you get the thing home, discover the hub caps have fallen off on the way, and it's a complete and utter friggin' lemon. :ph34r:

:laugh: It is a bit like that

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
howardj said:
Yeah, me too.

The Ashes series in Australia has always paled in comparison to the Ashes in England for mine...

Fiery

Banned
Ian Smith summed up my thoughts completely then, while commentating the SL v NZ game:

"The most amazing thing about the last fews years of cricket is the fact that England laid their hands on the Ashes, because man for man they're not on the same planet!". Brilliantly summised really

Last edited:

Matteh

Fiery said:
Ian Smith summed up my thoughts completely then, while commentating the SL v NZ game:

"The most amazing thing about the last fews years of cricket is the fact that England laid their hands on the Ashes, because man for man they're not on the same planet!". Brilliantly summised really
Well they were last year.

For me the difference is that Australia are all out gunning for the Ashes whereas England don't have anywhere near as much of the intensity as last year and i'm going to say it's Vaughan's captaincy that makes the difference.

Fiery

Banned
Matteh said:
Well they were last year.

For me the difference is that Australia are all out gunning for the Ashes whereas England don't have anywhere near as much of the intensity as last year and i'm going to say it's Vaughan's captaincy that makes the difference.
No, they were still no match man for man, just won through a combination of complacency and bad cricket

Matteh

Fiery said:
No, they were still no match man for man, just won through a combination of complacency and bad cricket
Simon Jones **** all over the Aus bowlers (bar Warne).

Aus had a complete failing with their 4th pacer whereas England's bowling was spot on. Combine that with the Hussey find, and replacing Gillespie/Tait/etc. with Clark and you have the chance for the 5-0 now.

pasag

RTDAS
Am going to running in and out all day helping my dad, if I miss the moment Australia regain the Ashes I'll be livid.