• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leigh said:
Collingwood and Pietersen bowl better than Mahmood/Anderson. At least they don't go for 5 and 6 runs and over. I think in Australian conditions Jones wouldn't do much better than Mahmood and Anderson.
Pietersen went for 6.15 an over i think whereas Mahmood went for 5.9 in the last innings.
Jones wouldn't give away that guaranteed 4 ball an over that Mahmood and Anderson give away. It probably wouldn't make a difference to the overall result but Jones would have had a bigger impact.

Fiery

Banned
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Haha, Fiery you idiot. He lost an avatar challenge and was forced to have it there.

EDIT: Late.
I've been out of the loop dontcloseyoureyes but it's certainly a huge relief to hear that

Matteh

Fiery said:
I've been out of the loop dontcloseyoureyes but it's certainly a huge relief to hear that
Someone doesn't see me thoroughly lambast anyone who posts crap choices in the Favourite Song of the Week thread. :p

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
Matteh said:
Pietersen went for 6.15 an over i think whereas Mahmood went for 5.9 in the last innings.
Jones wouldn't give away that guaranteed 4 ball an over that Mahmood and Anderson give away. It probably wouldn't make a difference to the overall result but Jones would have had a bigger impact.
Jones went for about 4 runs an over in the last Ashes when he was taking wickets. He would give away about 6 an over now without getting hardly any wickets. Pietersen only conceded about 3.5 runs an over in the first 2 tests.

Matteh

Leigh said:
Jones went for about 4 runs an over in the last Ashes when he was taking wickets. He would give away about 6 an over now without getting hardly any wickets. Pietersen only conceded about 3.5 runs an over in the first 2 tests.
Jones is worse than Mahmood/Anderson? What a daft conclusion to come to.

Fiery

Banned
Matteh said:
Someone doesn't see me thoroughly lambast anyone who posts crap choices in the Favourite Song of the Week thread. :p
:laugh: OK, so, it's getting old now but here's my nomination. Starlight by Muse; still gives me goose bumps

Fiery

Banned
grecian said:
Muse are Torbay tossers.

Anywhoo, Bell playing some good shots here:)
I don't care where they come from or any inter-county British parochialism, they play damn fine music. Used to think they were a poor-mans Radiohead but have probably surpassed them now

Last edited:

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
Matteh said:
Jones is worse than Mahmood/Anderson? What a daft conclusion to come to.
I didn't say he was worse but he would give away more runs because he bowls faster and is less accurate. His first class record is worse than both Mahmood and Anderson. Jones is the most over rated player in England even more so than Harmison.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Leigh said:
I didn't say he was worse but he would give away more runs because he bowls faster and is less accurate.
Less accurate than Mahmood? Have you ever seen Mahmood bowl?

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
steds said:
Less accurate than Mahmood? Have you ever seen Mahmood bowl?
Admittedly no I haven't but I have seen Jones bowl. Funny though how many people were talking his bowling up before the start of this test.

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
grecian said:
Time for Glenn to retire methinks.
He doesn't need to retire but they do need to rest him from some tests because he is incapable of playing 2 decent tests in a row these days.

grecian

silentstriker said:
Eh? Both Warne and McGrath have 0 wickets, except McGrath econ is 2.57, Warne is at 5.12.

He looks laboured in the field, hes not the player he was, fast bowlers decline quicker then spin bowlers.

Hey I don't care I dislike him immensely, let him carry on for three years and gyp his average up to 23, so he'll be regarded as average:)

Perm

I don't think Glenn McGrath will ever be regarded as average, not if silentstriker has anything to say about it.