• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
It might happen in Melbourne if Hussey keeps batting like he has so far :)

246* would do it....or 146* and 100* might be more likely.....
At the end of his career, after playing more than 14 tests. Every batsman has a purple patch where they average an obscene amount (see Ponting, Ricky). Hussey has just had it at the beginning of his career, thats the only difference.

His FC average is 55, look for him to come down to around that level. Its exceedingly rare for someone to average 30 more than their FC average :).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wow, can't wait to watch the highlights of this!

Good to see Saj Mahmood put in a solid 10-0-59-0, booking his place for Melbourne one feels

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pasag said:
There are highlights on www.cricketaustralia.tv and http://home.skysports.com/, not sure if they have todays up though. How many hours of cricket on the trot now SS? :p

Just up to Hussey century here, fine knock in front of his home crowd, a real champion, my favorite cricketer, although England have been so unlucky with dropped catches absolutely killing them.
Dunno, started with the NZ-SL match, which was yesterday afternoon, then moved onto the Ashes, and then moved on to the IND-SA. They all overlapped, but I would say about 15-16 hours of non-stop cricket, for the second day in a row.

About to be third, after I get some much needed sleep for a while.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
silentstriker said:
Dunno, started with the NZ-SL match, which was yesterday afternoon, then moved onto the Ashes, and then moved on to the IND-SA. They all overlapped, but I would say about 15-16 hours of non-stop cricket, for the second day in a row.

About to be third, after I get some much needed sleep for a while.

Also, if I keep this up till the end of all the matches, it will be like 60 hours of cricket over three days. :ph34r:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
reading through this thread, and from reports i've read it comes accross that they didn't actually bowl that badly (at least until the gilchrist onslaught)

Yeah i must say England did bowl quite well through a very hot day, with the exception of Mahmood anyway, the fielding was ordinary though and Hussey got a couple of let offs and took full toll. Clarke and Gilchrist were simply awesome too. I was just reading in the paper that they asked if Ponting wanted them to accelerate their innings and he said no, but they saw it as a yes.

Certainly another incredible day of test cricket :D

Fiery

Banned
mohammad16 said:
u kidding me?? Im so glad he didnt break vivs record, it was an amazing innings but vivs was more spectacular, especially considering at the rate others scored around him. so many batsmen are scoring so much faster nowadays cuz of hte pitches

nevertheless it was a great innings, but certainly not deserving of breakin vivs record
Uh oh, hope we don't have to read tripe like this too often

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mohammad16 said:
u kidding me?? Im so glad he didnt break vivs record, it was an amazing innings but vivs was more spectacular, especially considering at the rate others scored around him. so many batsmen are scoring so much faster nowadays cuz of hte pitches

nevertheless it was a great innings, but certainly not deserving of breakin vivs record
Wasnt priviledged enough to see Viv's innings but today was amazing

All time great on fire - simply incredible!

I watched it in a pub in Dubai, surrounded by Englishmen, and EVERYONE was awestruck - Gilly is simply the best ever in his position

I hope Eng make a game of it but IMO they're gone for all money

Fiery

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
I never said I agreed with it, just that his points shouldn't be totally rubbished, they made sense.
You don't agree yet think they made sense? Make up your mind

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fiery said:
So, if Gilchrist broke Viv's record he wouldn't have deserved to ?
tinted glasses and all that!

Viv (magnificent player that he was!) scored his runs on a dead, postage stamp, largely off 1 bowler - anyone that scores a hundred so quickly deserves respect.

Viv and Gilly are geniuses in their own right - a ball or two in one innings won't change that