• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least two down by lunch.

EDIT: Who was the old WW?
WindiesWeathers. Probably our worst poster of all-time. Just a massive antagonistic ****, biased as hell with a tendency to bring up the West Indies in every post, and with a painful posting style to boot.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks, it's getting there. Made some more changes, particularly to my driver swing, and now getting it out there a decent distance, clocked one at 326 yards with GAME Golf the other week which was nice. Not really too bothered about the goal now though, just enjoying playing. If I get there, I get there, but not putting any pressure on. Need to start actually practising if I'm going to have a chance of some decent golf in Spain though. Amazing courses in Spain. Playing Alcaidesa Links while we're out there, which looks incredible. Can't wait!

#YessusPleasus
Sensational mate.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I never knew that you needed the darkest red ball possible. Good to know. Hadlee used to count the stitches in the seam but never revealed how many he was looking for.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a horrible little total, fair play to Starc for pretty much cancelling out what Moeen did yesterday.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks, it's getting there. Made some more changes, particularly to my driver swing, and now getting it out there a decent distance, clocked one at 326 yards with GAME Golf the other week which was nice. Not really too bothered about the goal now though, just enjoying playing. If I get there, I get there, but not putting any pressure on. Need to start actually practising if I'm going to have a chance of some decent golf in Spain though. Amazing courses in Spain. Playing Alcaidesa Links while we're out there, which looks incredible. Can't wait!

#YessusPleasus
I thought I saw some Game Golf diagrams on your blog. It's a good tool isn't it? Do you have the phone app or the tabs for your clubs?

That course looks amazing. I'd have to take a camera and forget about the golf I think haha

social

I never knew that you needed the darkest red ball possible. Good to know. Hadlee used to count the stitches in the seam but never revealed how many he was looking for.
It's all crap really

Some balls swing on certain days and if there is no science to it

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
That was pish from Hazlewood. Even more worrying that he threw his hands up thinking he had a chance after he'd bowled the second half volley on his legs.

harsh.ag

#YessusPleasus
Wow dude. The only way one could possibly take me golfing :wub:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
It's all crap really

Some balls swing on certain days and if there is no science to it
Cold weather (or very humid) and a proud seam causes the ball to swing more as the vortices around the ball increase.

Hence why it goes in England. Duke ball and sometimes **** weather. Literally nothing to do with cloud cover except when it's cloudy its generally colder.

social

Not that easy I'm afraid

Arguably the 2 greatest swing bowlers in history were Malcolm Marshall and Imran Khan

Neither played in cold and/or humid conditions

Furthermore, colour of the ball is a myth

All to do with the wrist and treatment of the ball

Last edited: