• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Heals spent more time talking keeping in the commentary box the world would be a better place. That first stumping off Warne where it kicked after pitching was a cracker.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I thought I saw some Game Golf diagrams on your blog. It's a good tool isn't it? Do you have the phone app or the tabs for your clubs?

That course looks amazing. I'd have to take a camera and forget about the golf I think haha
Yeah it's amazing, I love it. So good to be able to look back on my old rounds and all the courses I've played. I've got the tabs for my clubs, don't like the phone apps, too fiddly and take too long. GAME Golf is just a standard part of my pre-shot routine now.

It does look so good. Playing a whole heap of courses that look great. Marbella Golf and Country Club, Torrequebrada, La Cala, the Alcaidesa heathland course, so excited!

stephen

Terrible bowling from "the next McGrath". Leg side rubbish never gets wickets.

Healy is actually interesting and informative when he's talking wicket keeping.

Son Of Coco

Yeah it's amazing, I love it. So good to be able to look back on my old rounds and all the courses I've played. I've got the tabs for my clubs, don't like the phone apps, too fiddly and take too long. GAME Golf is just a standard part of my pre-shot routine now.

It does look so good. Playing a whole heap of courses that look great. Marbella Golf and Country Club, Torrequebrada, La Cala, the Alcaidesa heathland course, so excited!
I've been tempted to grab the tabs myself, the only thing that has stopped me is the price. Have only used the phone app once due to it being a pain in the arse, as you mentioned. Did clock a 306 yard drive though, which was nice. The rest of the time I got a reality check for exactly how far I hit driver.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I've been tempted to grab the tabs myself, the only thing that has stopped me is the price. Have only used the phone app once due to it being a pain in the arse, as you mentioned. Did clock a 306 yard drive though, which was nice. The rest of the time I got a reality check for exactly how far I hit driver.
Well worth the purchase, I love it. Haha, it was a bit of a reality check for me too, think it's the same for everyone. The odd good one, but when I first got it, my driving distance average was sub 200, which sucked so bad. Since I got the new driver in the bag though, it's flown up. Average with my Titleist 910 D2 is 250 going up to 329, compared to 205 for my old Callaway going up to 272.

social

Well worth the purchase, I love it. Haha, it was a bit of a reality check for me too, think it's the same for everyone. The odd good one, but when I first got it, my driving distance average was sub 200, which sucked so bad. Since I got the new driver in the bag though, it's flown up. Average with my Titleist 910 D2 is 250 going up to 329, compared to 205 for my old Callaway going up to 272.
What balls do you use?

From what I can tell (I'm a hacker) club tech hasn't advanced but the balls are ridiculous now

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just won a dozen Callaway Chrome Softs which are lovely, and will probably stick to them. Nice feel off the putter face, spinny around the greens and decent distance. The best alternative to a Pro V I've used, definitely recommended.

Son Of Coco

I might have to try to squirrel away some money for them. I enjoy looking at the stats after a game, and the result with Game Golf just on the phone was pretty impressive.

social

Just won a dozen Callaway Chrome Softs which are lovely, and will probably stick to them. Nice feel off the putter face, spinny around the greens and decent distance. The best alternative to a Pro V I've used, definitely recommended.
Used to be a reasonable golfer (single figures at a good course) but had kids and rarely play so couldn't play to 20 now

Had my first game in years recently and was hitting the driver nearly 300 metres (rarely straight) and a 6 iron 180 - ridiculous and all down to the ball as I was using a set of 20 + year old Ping Eye 2 irons & crappy woods

Son Of Coco

I've heard they're very good, especially for the price. I've been using the Mizuno MP-S. The Bridgestones are good too. Played with a bloke a few weeks back who wouldn't shut up about how far the Mizunos went, he had this wild theory the Japanese made balls that went further because they're smaller people and can't hit it as far. I don't think he took the fact I was 25 years younger than him and hit it further anyway into account. I threw him one on the 2nd last hole to hit, and he was convinced he was hitting it much further than his ball. Personally, I couldn't see any difference.

After 9 holes of him carrying on about these golf balls though I was ready to smash him over the head with my putter. I was putting like ****, so it would've killed two birds.

Last edited: