• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
There's an interesting sub-plot going on here about who will be England's 3rd seamer against India if Anderson and broad are both fit. Potts the better bowler, but Overton a genuine option at number 8.
Joverton is an option at eight. On the other hand, his bowling suggests he'd be about the tenth pick.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Seems a difficult task to judge what a like for like replacement is. In the match situation (NZ 5 wickets down - no amazing spin to keep to) Billings would seem more likely to succeed with the bat than Foakes - being a batter who keeps.
Don't they name who the replacements would be for each player prior to the game starting?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Mitchell would’ve struggled to get bat on that one if he was standing on Blundell’s shoulders.

Preed

U19 12th Man
Once again tailender partnership holding us up .we are the worst in world for letting a tail Enders hold us up.We really do need a genuine fast bowler and a class spinner

Meridio

International Regular
This has been a thoroughly normal morning of Test cricket so far. I now fully expect someone to get out playing a reverse drive to a Jonny Bairstow bouncer, caught off the back of the bat at silly point

Flem274*

123/5
I know England got Blundell out once in this series with leg theory, but I really think it’s a much lower percentage option v him than channel bowling.
Yeah just get him bowled/lbw (though touch wood he has made more effort to get forward since India)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Before this series how did teams actually get this pair out because I'm out of ideas. They'll only get themselves out tbh.
Blundell really really struggled with the bat in India last year - 4 innings, 23 runs at 5.75. Kept poorly too and place was in jeopardy until he scored 96 vs SA.

Flem274*

123/5
Before this series how did teams actually get this pair out because I'm out of ideas. They'll only get themselves out tbh.
Pitch it up for both. England I've noticed seem to really like the short ball pissing contest to them, and these guys love the pull shot almost to the detriment of their front foot game (Blundell especially)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root extracted a bit of extra bounce on that one...half a chance. The pitch is starting to do something, after getting poked for so long.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As you can see here Mitchell looks pretty fragile when the ball’s turning. If I were Stokes I’d just keep these two going until lunch and only bother with the new ball if they’re still there after the break.