• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Redbacks

International Captain
You have to wonder just how many people were also drinking on Aus day, now being sanctimonious about a football player doing the same, in his off-season.

The NRL/Club should just wait 7-10 days before making the decision when the media bubble subsides and under cool and calm review deliver the sanctions they deem fit.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd say the overwhelming majority didn't piss themselves on a strangers couch and dry hump their dog. I'd say the fact that they did drink and probably handled themselves in a manner befitting a sane adult human gives people more to be outraged by. But hey, that's just my take.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd say the overwhelming majority didn't piss themselves on a strangers couch and dry hump their dog. I'd say the fact that they did drink and probably handled themselves in a manner befitting a sane adult human gives people more to be outraged by. But hey, that's just my take.
Speak for yourself mate......

The other thing is Pearce is no cleanskin here. He's had booze related issues before. He's not in the Todd Carney league yet, but he's getting there. If they rissoled Carney for the fire hydrant episode, then they'll probably do the same to Junior Junior.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought that Carney was infinitely worse (forget the bubbler, wasn't there quite a bit of criminal **** as well?)

Anyway, without wishing to condone Pearce's behaviour at all (guy is obviously a flog and needs to give up the loud-mouth soup immediately), I think a bit of perspective is needed when discussing his "crimes" and potential penalties

27 active NFL players who have been arrested multiple times - AOL

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just because the NFL is a horrible body and filled with despicable human beings doesn't mean the NRL clubs should allow players to act terribly and bring the club into question at least once every season. That line of reasoning is always such a bull**** cop out. Just because things are worse elsewhere doesn't mean ****ty behaviour should be excused because it's not objectively as bad.

social

Just because the NFL is a horrible body and filled with despicable human beings doesn't mean the NRL clubs should allow players to act terribly and bring the club into question at least once every season. That line of reasoning is always such a bull**** cop out. Just because things are worse elsewhere doesn't mean ****ty behaviour should be excused because it's not objectively as bad.
C'mon mate, the point is that any number of sportsmen have done far worse things and yet Pearce is one of the few for whom there have been loud calls from many different quarters for his complete & permanent expulsion from the game

It is completely OTT

Furthermore, it all but alleviates from responsibility a management team that not only owes him a duty of care going forward but has arguably contributed to the problem by doing SFA when faced with a procession of disgraceful incidents over the years

Never thought that I'd see the day when I defended Pearce but in this case I get the feeling that some people would have him executed without giving him the chance to rehabilitate

Burgey

Looks like the Juggernaut is stirring for 2016. Into the final of the always highly regarded form guide that is the Auckland Nines.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dont know if this is the place for this but I thought the 9s was a fantastic event. Not previously watched it and I loved it.

Burgey

Yeah, was my first time too and it was great. It's good to see the players actually playing footy and not being so obsessed with ball control. It was really good to watch. Wouldn't mind seeing them trial the Free Play idea in the NRL actually. Anything that stops the game being so predictable can only help.

Gnske

Amazing, Channel 9 have actually transcended reality and got their sideline interviewers onto the field itself.

Groundbreaking.

Burgey

Talk is Watmough will have to retire immediately due to his ongoing knee injury. All the earlier talk was he'd had an op which had gone really well and was the fittest he'd been in quite a few years. Puts a lot of acid on Beau Scott as pretty much the only experienced back rower at the club.

I hadn't realised the season starts next week. Hadn't even been on the radar really.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I have good info that Watmough is fine but regardless Tepai Moeroa is a gun, probably not far off Watmough right now

I've got a few concerns about your boys though Burgey, think you could be a decent prop short, also not a fan of Gordan at fullback. He's safe under the high ball but he hasn't got a lot of pace or much ball playing skills. Not sure about having Foran at halfback either, his best work is done a bit wider on the field.

I'd be looking at having something like this:

1. Norman
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Gutherson
5. Gordon
6. Foran
7. Cornish

Regardless I think there's still enough quality in the side to be expecting to push the top 4

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Also reckon people are over rating Manly and under rating the Raiders, Austin-Sezer would be my bolters for origin

Gnske

Looks like Burgess has really mangled his spine, guess its a positive he was moving his legs.

Burgey

The juggernaut has well and truly stirred now with the Eels up to -4 points on the competition ladder.

Shady Slim

International Coach
the titans not being docked points proves once again how the nrl is rigged against the bulldogs and in favour of queensland teams