• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I watch a lot of Super League but I dont get to watch much NRL. I did find that game very entertaining and it was a wonderful event and spectacle. But, and I dont know if this is typical of NRL, it was interesting to see how the offside rule is interpreted in the South compared to the North. I know the speed of the play of the ball can make it tough to get back the full 10 but surely condensing the space you give world class athletes to work with isnt the best way to show case them and many defenders appeared to be trying to gain an unfair advantage.

Not a complaint but an observation and it was a bloody good game.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
When I was listening on the radio on my way home from work, the commentators were scathing that teams weren't being pulled back the full 10 metres, and that it was enforced very patchily.

howardj

International Coach
Poor old Liz Hayes, Channel 9, & Alex McKinnon would certainly feel irrelevant tonight. Love Cam Smith's response to that laughable hatchet job....total silence

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The articles I've read have been laughable. The video evidence disagrees with a lot of what was stated as fact by 60 Minutes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NRL got absolutely bitch slapped by the AFL in the TV rights negotiations.

Pissed off old man Rupert and he cut sick on them. Was very bitter in the presser.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That Broncos win last night was one of the most enjoyable matches I've ever seen. Could not have imagined a better start.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
get ready for all the think pieces about how field goals should be barred in golden point!!!