• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ's squad

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Butler chosen as the cover for Boult.

Look out for Latham to pop up in a bit of English YB40 with Scotland now the tests are done.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Henry is a walking back injury.

Had surgery last year didn't he for it.

He has corrected his run up somewhat to make it less bad for his back but it is still bad.

He basically dawdles into the crease and then jumps and whips it down at 130ks.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Ellis was also a walking back injury (five stress fractures) until he had the pins/wires/bone graft fusion surgery Bond had.

Henry's op exactly the same with the same surgeon I believe, so if he breaks, at least it won't be in the same place.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Butler selected ahead of Henry? May as well give the latter a crack, IMO
Haha yeah when I think of Butler I tie him in a bit with PEWS these days and smile. Home-schooled, close to 100% in maths, spent a lot of time bowling in a backyard net by himself. On paper he should be a very guileful and damn useful LO option (at the very least), if he was slightly more willing to play the numbers and ingratiate.

Instead, that 2nd England T20 suggested there's still hyper-competitive rage bubbling away in Butler, even intensified by how everything's panned out. Scratch the surface, the whole 'I've mellowed, I'm much more skilful' line is almost certainly a lie.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah when I think of Butler I tie him in a bit with PEWS these days and smile.
I didn't realise I'd actually earned a reputation as a Butler fan. What have I become?

Should've been picked ahead of Ellis, Bracewell and probably even Boult in the first place though. There, I said it. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any chance of that guy who scored 222 in the LA game getting a shot? Can't recall who it was.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Out of favour. Playing over in Warwickshire and hasn't been doing too badly.

Probably the fourth best limited overs spinner NZ has, however. I'd rate Vettori, NcCullum and Williamson ahead of him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Jeets has no answer when people go after him. His traditonal response is to go around the wicket and people still belt him. See Dimitri Masceranas (sp?) hitting him for four consecutive sixes.

NMac serves up attrocious full tosses but at limited overs cricket he is quite savvy and if people go after him he pitches it full and wide of stump and makes you fetch it - which of course you can't and he gets in the dot balls he is looking for.

If he didn't bowl attrocious full tosses he would be quite useful.

*3 hours*

Is the amount of time before PEWS responds and calls him a hack and then explains that is a good thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nathan McCullum is an absolute hack of a cricketer, but he uses this to his advantage.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Franklin and NcCullum are the two biggest passengers in our team. Oh NcCullum is good in the field? Nice hustle, skip. We should be able to do better, and it seems Williamson does, and we have enough firepower to actually bowl people out. The problem is a lack of a serious spin alternative if Vettori isn't fit.

Long term Bennett should come back for Bracewell hopefully, but we obviously won't see that here...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bennett is too busy peeping over the fence at the knackers yard so that he can perfect his impersonation of a broken down horse when he is bowling.

Just teasing NZT

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I see from that latest cricinfo article that NZ are apparently good, honest, hardworking triers. Was blown away