• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My 'turn on the telly' XI

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Craig. He really won me over when he was batting on one foot and still hitting sixes with ease.
Yeah, I thought he was a pretty talented test batsman too. Had that rather peculiar square-on stance against spinners and was a very good player of turn off the rough, IIRC. Too bad that he was another one of those underachieving talented Kiwis.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Craig McMuffin was my favourite player before Bond came along. I always thought he lacked something up top though, not in intellect but in impulsivity, sort of like an anti-Andrew Jones. He always seemed to get out playing the wrong shot, much like Ross Taylor.

Mat111

Cricket Spectator
Here's my attempt.

Jayasuriya
Hayden
Tendulkar
Lara
Kallis
Gilchrist
Akram
Warne
Brett Lee
Murali
Mcgrath

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tricky when you've watched the game for as long as I have but here's my best effort

Colin Milburn
Roy Fredericks
Viv Richards
Martin Crowe
David Gower
Ian Botham
Farokh Engineer
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Sylvester Clarke
Murali
From 1971 onwards:

Barry Richards
Roy Fredericks
Viv Richards
Clive Lloyd
David Gower
Ian Botham
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Michael Holding

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've really warmed to Dilshan of late. I shouldn't really like his recklessness, it's been somewhat frustrating when he's hit one straight in the air and it goes just over the rope. But I can't think of anyone quite like him. He's strongest straight down the ground but his favourite shots are wild flails backward of square, and he seems to go out of his way to bat with this sort of joie de vivre he's picked up.

ponting28

Banned
Squad

1.Jayasuria
2.Tendulkar
3.Ponting.
4.Peterson.
5.Gilcrist.
5.AB De Viliers.
7.Symonds.
8.Raina
9.Flintoff.
10.Lee
11.Mc Grath
12.Styne
13.Hussey

Awesome squad!!!!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
M Vaughan*
J Langer
R Ponting
VVS Laxman
R Dravid :ph34r:
K Sangakkara+
A Flintoff
Wasim Akram
S Warne
G McGrath
S Jones

Mike5181

International Captain
1.Matthew Hayden
2.Nathan Astle
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Brian Lara
5.Damien Martyn
6.Mohammad Yousuf
7.Adam Gilchrist+
8.Chris Cairns
9.Shane Warne
10.Brett Lee
11.Shane Bond

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hayden
Sehwag
Ponting
Lara
Pietersen
Gilchrist
Cairns
Flintoff
Wasim
Warne
Donald

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Could pick a dozen teams but here's one with some Anglocentric tweaking of Ikki's.

Lara
Vaughan
Gower
Sangakkara
Pietersen
Botham
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Wasim
Warne
Donald

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Most of these XI's are entirely fraudulent. The only time I've watched cricket that I might possibly not have watched anyway would be the occasional John Player League game in the 70's.
So with that in mind:

Colin Milburn
Majid Khan
Viv Richards
Brian Davison
Clive Lloyd
Collis King
Basharat Hassan
Geoff Cope
John Snow
Jeff Thomson
Colin Croft