• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I voted for Australia due to a long standing dislike for Merv Hughes, Greg Mathews and various characters from the 80s.

I got to meet one of them two weekends ago. I went to a barbecue for Craig McDermott. He is very funny and very self effacing. I almost forgave him for years of swearing at our batsman. The thing is he knows that is how he is remembered. Literally. One of our players told him that they saw him on a replay on some old footage. And he interrupted and said "I take it I was giving someone a gobfull on the replay". We all laughed. Very funny guy. Very nice of him to give back to the game as well. He was in Wellington for the masters game against NZ and was doing some coaching for the future firebirds program. Which is sort of like helping the enemy since his employer is Cricket Australia. He just wants to help anyone and give to the game which is just super of him.
You weren't playing in a game on the Saturday were you, for Upper Hutt?

Spark

Global Moderator
I voted for Australia due to a long standing dislike for Merv Hughes, Greg Mathews and various characters from the 80s.

I got to meet one of them two weekends ago. I went to a barbecue for Craig McDermott. He is very funny and very self effacing. I almost forgave him for years of swearing at our batsman. The thing is he knows that is how he is remembered. Literally. One of our players told him that they saw him on a replay on some old footage. And he interrupted and said "I take it I was giving someone a gobfull on the replay". We all laughed. Very funny guy. Very nice of him to give back to the game as well. He was in Wellington for the masters game against NZ and was doing some coaching for the future firebirds program. Which is sort of like helping the enemy since his employer is Cricket Australia. He just wants to help anyone and give to the game which is just super of him.
Almost all our players are like that though. AB is by all accounts an extremely friendly bloke off the pitch. SWaugh gave implicit approval of the most concentrated sledging by a cricket team you'll ever see but is a true champion off it. Same goes for McGrath.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Almost all our players are like that though. AB is by all accounts an extremely friendly bloke off the pitch. SWaugh gave implicit approval of the most concentrated sledging by a cricket team you'll ever see but is a true champion off it. Same goes for McGrath.
At the risk of facing a public stoning, McGrath does some brilliant charity work obv, but I've found him to be a bit weird off the field.

Gilly a legend on and off ftr.

Burgey

At the risk of facing a public stoning, McGrath does some brilliant charity work obv, but I've found him to be a bit weird off the field.

Gilly a legend on and off ftr.
Understandable, with McGrath being from a rural area and all.

morgieb

India. Hate the team more than England and South Africa, even if on paper South Africa and England are sides I should hate more.

Blaze 18

Banned
There's no team I dislike to be honest. If we were to start hating teams because of their fans, then we'd be left with no team to cheer for. For example, Manchester United have got some of the worst fans on the planet, but the team itself is brilliant.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Don't dislike/like any particular team usually its an individual who gets my wrath.

cnerd123

likes this
Australia.

The 2003 WC Final still stings.

Really dislike Punter too. Not a fan of Symo either.

Having said that, Warne is my idol and McGrath, Gilly, Waugh are champs and great role models. I warmed up to Hayden too towards the end of his career. Then there are Lee and Martyn who seem so likeable. And Lehman.

A team full of really nice people and brilliant cricketers...yet I hate them. Weird.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You weren't playing in a game on the Saturday were you, for Upper Hutt?
This past (most recent) weekend all cricket in my grade was rained off. I saw our top team trying to salvage a game though.

Yes I play for Upper Hutt and did play the previous weekend.

Cheers

Why do you ask?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Leaving aside Sreesanth (and possibly Harbhajan), hasn't Indian team had some of the nicest chaps in world cricket over lat 2 decades? Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Srinath, Prasad - all through gentlemen. Even Dhoni is a gentleman (although he tends to use too many cliches in his interviews). So stop disliking my team :@

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
When it comes to World cup, I don't hate any team more than Autralia. 30+ wins on trot. Come on, play like humans.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
leaving aside sreesanth (and possibly harbhajan), hasn't indian team had some of the nicest chaps in world cricket over lat 2 decades? Tendulkar, dravid, laxman, kumble, srinath, prasad - all through gentlemen. Even dhoni is a gentleman (although he tends to use too many cliches in his interviews). So stop disliking my team :@
8-) Funny joke

I'm a little concerned that Morgieb has voted against Australia though. Off the Christmas in July list

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leaving aside Sreesanth
Funnily enough, I quite like Sreesanth when it comes to cricketers. He's got a bit of character you have to say.

When it comes to international cricket, I dislike players moreso than teams. Clarke, Watson, Harbhajan and Broad are top of my dislike list.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a pretty good list. I'd add Sree to it though (that's where we differ).