• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would choose England if they didn't have G.Swann in their side who is one of my faves.

So outside of that, I have to hand the mantle to India... rabid fans + abundance of talent = tall poppies that should be chopped down. Although if we Aussies don't take a broom to our selection committee some time soon I might consider turning on my own.

RE:
Sri Lanka, with:
Vaas, Jayasuria & Murali pretty much gone;
Jayawardene & Sangakarra turning 34 y.o.;
Samaraweera & Dilshan turning 35;

Am I right that they're just about to go through the glut of ATG Sri Lankan retirees that Australia went through with Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist? Is this WC their "last hurrah". Thoughts?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon everyone should add their reasons for disliking nominated team. Get a bit of spice in the thread

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Dislike India. I think it is a legacy from the days of Ganguly.

Yes Sourav you should walk rather than stare blankly at the umpire when you edge the ball to second slip.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm unsure. I would consider voting for India, but I'm not sure if I have to ask Jono for permission first. What's the process? Do I send him a VM, or what?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan is the team I would least like to see winning. Their fans here are amazing, and I have nothing in particular against any of their players, but there you go.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm unsure. I would consider voting for India, but I'm not sure if I have to ask Jono for permission first. What's the process? Do I send him a VM, or what?
Nope, my jurisdiction is just the fans.

Good try though.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I dislike the Indians the most (think it is also the Ganguly effect), but get the most enjoyment out of watching South Africa lose.

Teja.

Global Moderator
England. Pieterson, Anderson and Swann in one team. :wacko:

I really like most of their fans though.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to dislike English team except Broad, they probably have the best captain. Can't say the same thing about their fans though.

Flem274*

123/5
Hard one for me if I separate the team from everything else. A tie between India and Sri Lanka I think, not because I hate them so much as I care about a grand total of around five players from both teams put together. Sehwag, Tendulkar, Zaheer, Sangakkara and Malinga.

Including fans and media, it's got to be a tie between India and England, closely followed by Australia and New Zealand.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I voted for Australia due to a long standing dislike for Merv Hughes, Greg Mathews and various characters from the 80s.

I got to meet one of them two weekends ago. I went to a barbecue for Craig McDermott. He is very funny and very self effacing. I almost forgave him for years of swearing at our batsman. The thing is he knows that is how he is remembered. Literally. One of our players told him that they saw him on a replay on some old footage. And he interrupted and said "I take it I was giving someone a gobfull on the replay". We all laughed. Very funny guy. Very nice of him to give back to the game as well. He was in Wellington for the masters game against NZ and was doing some coaching for the future firebirds program. Which is sort of like helping the enemy since his employer is Cricket Australia. He just wants to help anyone and give to the game which is just super of him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Including fans and media, it's got to be a tie between India and England, closely followed by Australia and New Zealand.
Interesting...we win most sporting team in the world year after year. And would have a lock on it for eternity if we didn't have Kyle Mills.