• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Aamer does it again!

Bun

Banned
I am with Daemon.

He didn't kill anybody, he just is a born cricketer, and played it! He checked with the authorities whether it fell under the ECB jurisdiction and was informed it did not and he played. How can he take more precautions?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I am with Daemon.

He didn't kill anybody, he just is a born cricketer, and played it! He checked with the authorities whether it fell under the ECB jurisdiction and was informed it did not and he played. How can he take more precautions?
Clearly he didn't check, because it seems it did.

I float this scenario out as no more than a possibility, but maybe he's lying? At no point has he admitted his guilt, so doesn't appear to have any problems telling porkies.

In fact, the language used on his press release suggests he's actually delegating his mendacity to his PR people or manager because it doesn't seem like that which the simple, country boy he claims to be would use.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
am no lawyer, but i believe that the onus was on him, in consultation with his lawyer, to make absolutely certain that he was not going be in contravention of the ban. just asking the club chappies about whether it was ok smacks of idiocy at the very least and blatant conniving disingenuousness at the worst.

should be cut no slack whatsoever. sound like a martinet but hey there has to be a limit somewhere.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No point pointing fingers now until we find out whether it was a certified match or not. I'm hoping it wasn't but if it is then I won't buy his claim that he was told it was just a friendly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
am no lawyer, but i believe that the onus was on him, in consultation with his lawyer, to make absolutely certain that he was not going be in contravention of the ban. just asking the club chappies about whether it was ok smacks of idiocy at the very least and blatant conniving disingenuousness at the worst.

should be cut no slack whatsoever. sound like a martinet but hey there has to be a limit somewhere.
Yeah. I've only studied Law at a relatively low level compared to the legal boffs we have on here but the first thing we learned pretty much was that ignorance is no defence to contravention of the law.

Daemon

Yeah but unless they blatantly lied to Amir it doesn't make a difference to his case

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I am with Daemon.

Not killing anyone is not a defence...and if it is, I look forward to committing a lot of misdemeanours that don't include murder/manslaughter.

And a quote is not a stone-cold piece of evident he did check.

I'd suggest he should take more precautions by not taking money for no-balls, contravening a ban (a ridiculous lenient one at that, in my opinion) and by the looks, telling a lie to a paper.

And posing for a photo!!! Clearly you know word is going to get out if people are taking a picture of you. No one has ever asked to take one of me when I've filled in for a side.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah but unless they blatantly lied to Amir it doesn't make a difference to his case
Just surprising no is talking about the club playing one of the most publicly banned cricketers in history having made a bit of a stupid move.

Daemon

"Afridi turns up for Hampshire league despite having not obtained an NOC"

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And they say Amir has a problem with no balls. Turns out they're the size of watermelons apparently.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Addington 1743 also issued a statement, saying: "We are a village team self-funded by the players. We have no official umpires [the players umpire the games themselves]. We knew that Amir was keen to get fit.

"We invited him to join us in order for him to get some practice. He did not stay for the whole game. Amir did not think that he was breaching his ban, nor did the club.

"We asked the league whether he could play and we were told that he could. Amir was very anxious not to violate his ban.

"If there has been any misunderstanding or breach of his ban it has occurred entirely as a result of the assurance that we gave him. If that assurance was mistaken we apologise to everyone."

My take on the issue, the Addington club was keen to get some free publicity what better way then to take a chance with a dim moron who has been banned from the sport and will just jump at any opportunity at a chance to play organized cricket.Aamer in his desperation to play any cricket just made some cosmetic checks to see weather he can play or not and at the slightest hint of approval he just jumped in.

Last edited: