• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matthew Hayden- I mean come on, seriously

C_C

International Captain
Uh, yes it does make a difference because Lara was played tests in 91 as well.
Lara played a grand total of ZERO tests in 1991. And 'Lara was played tests' ? Gosh- you REALLY do need English lessons, chump. Good thing that you wern't asked to prove your competence in English before they let you in Australia.

Tendulkar wasn't a regular on debut, now was he?
He was a regular from the moment he made his debut. Unlike Lara, who played A SINGLE test in 1990 and then only three more in 1992 before finally playing a regular workload from 1993 onwards.

So in the end of the day, Lara became a regular 3-4 years after Tendulkar did.

I've already given you stats to show when/how Lara played.
Made up stats like he played a test in 1991. When infact he didnt. And you have the temerity to call me a liar when you cook up nonsense like this.

LOL, sure, considering you can't add or cite the proper stats or quotes, I think I'll have to question whether these sources exist or not.
I quoted Gretsky verbatim.

Aww, couldn't do it eh? See, it's not hard to pick out your lies - they're usually your main argument.
So its a lie then if it happens to be in his book eh ?
Too freaking cheap to go buy the book or is it because you arnt good enough to make enough money to spare even 50 bucks ?

Yeah and in football you do nothing for half time time (45 mins)
You gotto stop your penchant of lying and putting words in my mouth. i didnt say they do nothing- but they definitely do not run for more than half the time they are on the field- unless you are a 80th minute substitution.

I've played both sport for school and clubs.
Obviously without using your brain- nevermind, you can't use what you don't have.

I wish my bloody coach knew that and stopped making us run about 15kms every training session as a wind down.
Your coach didnt make you run 15 kms every training session. If he did, he was a moron. No soccer coach makes his player run 15 kms every training session. If that is the Aussie method, its easy to see then why Aussies suck at soccer.

No he said something, you crapped all over it with your non-sense.
If you think that, your comprehension of English is worse than sub-saharan levels. No wonder you come up with ' Lara was played tests'. Maybe i need to talk in Engrish or whatever passes for English in your household to get to you but sorry, i don't feel like making the effort to butcher the language.

Gretsky categorically said in his quote that greatness is measured by how you do against the best of the best- not just mindless bashing of substandard opposition.

Haha, and you still can't prove that he said that at all.
GO BUY HIS BOOK.
How the hell am i supposed to link something in the net when its in his freaking book you nincompoop ?

To my knowledge you're full of it.
Likewise to you, chump.
I am still waiting for you to school me in mathematics. Are you up for it or was it just your ballsack speaking out of turn and overriding your puny brain ?

If he was, in fact, at his peak at 27, then he would have done a bit better in 1966.
Ofcourse he would've. But you forget that Portuguese team broke his knee by ganging up on him and stomping on his knee ( earned Portugal two red cards FYI). If you really knew the basic story of Pele's career ( and you claimed to know more about him than me), you'd know then that his performance in 1966 world cup was terminated due to injury- so no question of 'if he was at his peak, he'd have done better' - you cant do squat when someone breaks your knee. I suspect that was yet another example of your puny ballsack overriding your punier brain.

As i said- when Pele himself says his peak was before 27, a punk like you can't contest that. Nobody can. Just put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
C_C

youre obviously just making excuses for your hero as I cant believe that you know so little about cricket, technique and the demands certain activities place on your body
So when beaten by logic, you take the Kazo route. And you wonder why i think Aussies have attitude problems more than others.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lara played a grand total of ZERO tests in 1991. And 'Lara was played tests' ? Gosh- you REALLY do need English lessons, chump. Good thing that you wern't asked to prove your competence in English before they let you in Australia.
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1991-92/WI_IN_AUS/WI_AUS-XI_20-23DEC1991.html

I guess he was playing hop-scotch. BTW, it's 6:33am here and I've been typing a report as well as owning you in this debate. Pardon the slip in concentration, let's concentrate on the substance :).

He was a regular from the moment he made his debut. Unlike Lara, who played A SINGLE test in 1990 and then only three more in 1992 before finally playing a regular workload from 1993 onwards.
Sorry, it still doesn't mean "Year 1989 Sachin was a regular". Sachin played a few tests right at the end of the year.

Made up stats like he played a test in 1991. When infact he didnt. And you have the temerity to call me a liar when you cook up nonsense like this.
I just gave you a link. It was one that I gave you a few pages back. I didn't think you were that dense.

So its a lie then if it happens to be in his book eh ?
Too freaking cheap to go buy the book or is it because you arnt good enough to make enough money to spare even 50 bucks ?
Are you stupid? Or are you just pretending to be dumb? The assertion you're making is like Ponting declaring the end of his prime right before the 2003 - or even this year's - WC. It's a dumb comment, no one would make it - least of all Pele. If you actually knew the implications of such a comment you would never even bring that non-sense up.

You gotto stop your penchant of lying and putting words in my mouth. i didnt say they do nothing- but they definitely do not run for more than half the time they are on the field- unless you are a 80th minute substitution.
There is no use putting words in your mouth, you make my case stronger by just letting you say what you say. You are clueless about football and you're really out of your depth in this argument here.

Obviously without using your brain- nevermind, you can't use what you don't have.
Yeah, keep cutting those quotes to make you look less clueless.

Your coach didnt make you run 15 kms every training session. If he did, he was a moron. No soccer coach makes his player run 15 kms every training session. If that is the Aussie method, its easy to see then why Aussies suck at soccer.
Uh, yes, coaches do. Jose Mourinho actually makes his side wind down with a 20km 'light jog'. It's the method of the world - you have to be very fit to play football...and that's not for doing nothing 'half of the time'. Aussies suck at soccer? First it's football. Second, you again prove your limits.

If you think that, your comprehension of English is worse than sub-saharan levels.

Gretsky categorically said in his quote that greatness is measured by how you do against the best of the best- not just mindless bashing of substandard opposition.
You keep talking about English. I am talking about you lying and misquoting. Very easy to tell the difference.

GO BUY HIS BOOK.
How the hell am i supposed to link something in the net when its in his freaking book you nincompoop ?
Which book is this for interest's sake? I'll definitely have a look, but I already know you're lying. You're putting word's in the great man's mouth because you don't have the intelligence nor the experience to know any better.

Likewise to you, chump.
I am still waiting for you to school me in mathematics. Are you up for it or was it just your ballsack speaking out of turn and overriding your puny brain ?
I don't need to school you in mathematics. You already did the most stupidest thing possible, you couldn't calculate the difference between Lara's and Tendulkar's debut dates.

Ofcourse he would've. But you forget that Portuguese team broke his knee by ganging up on him and stomping on his knee ( earned Portugal two red cards FYI).

As i said- when Pele himself says his peak was before 27, a punk like you can't contest that. Nobody can. Just put that in your pipe and smoke it.
LMAO, dude, Brazil went and won the WC with a team that was named 'the dream team' in 1970. Pele was the best player in that squad. Pele was 30. How else do you want this to go through your head. I know you have issues about conceding a point, but you shouldn't do it at the sacrifice to your intelligence my little friend.

C_C

International Captain
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1...23DEC1991.html

I guess he was playing hop-scotch. BTW, it's 6:33am here and I've been typing a report as well as owning you in this debate. Pardon the slip in concentration, let's concentrate on the substance
I give you this link that categorically shows Lara to've played ZERO tests in 1991. And you are obviously tired because of the time in your part of the world because its simple to see that you arn't owning anybody here but simply countering with 'lalalala you are a liar, Pele didnt say so, Gretsky didnt say so, i know more than doctors about the human body' etc etc.

Sorry, it still doesn't mean "Year 1989 Sachin was a regular". Sachin played a few tests right at the end of the year.
From the moment he made his debut, he was a regular. Lara didnt play for TWO YEARS in tests after his solitary debut match.

I didn't think you were that dense.
I am not. Which is why i raise you Lara's test batting career summary page from crickinfo as the counter.

It's a dumb comment, no one would make it - least of all Pele.
yet he did - in his book. Something that you obviously have not read.
By your own words, you should keep yer mouth shut about stuff you don't know.

You are clueless about football and you're really out of your depth in this argument here.
Says you. I am not the only one in this thread who thinks you are clueless about footy.

'. Aussies suck at soccer?
Yes.
Its only the ones with green-n-gold for a retina that think Aussies don't suck in soccer.
Seriously, you guys suck. Ie, at the level of lower tier tiny European nations.

I am talking about you lying and misquoting.
Both baseless accusations that i can easily prove false. CBC conducted a 1 hour interview of Gretsky before the post-christmas second half of NHL began in 2005-06 season. You can request a copy if you wish to hear the 'great one' speak and educate yourself.

I'll definitely have a look, but I already know you're lying.
Do not confuse between knowledge and supposition. You know squat. You just think you do.

You're putting word's in the great man's mouth because you don't have the intelligence nor the experience to know any better.
Mate, i have enough intelligence to school you in most things to do with science. Again, i am waiting for you to school me in math.

I don't need to school you in mathematics.
You obviously cant back up your comments - i said your math is cr@p and i am willing to test it out. You retorted with the same and now you are the one running away.
You obviously can't comprehend English without great difficulty because i made a comment relating to when they became regulars in BOTH forms of the game- which is obviously to relevance if its about mileage.

LMAO, dude, Brazil went and won the WC with a team that was named 'the dream team' in 1970. Pele was the best player in that squad. Pele was 30.
Brazil could've won the world cup 4 times since, carrying a 50 year old Pele and Pele could've scored 20 goals every tourney. But if he says his peak was before 27, a punk like you should not contest that.

I know you have issues about conceding a point, but you shouldn't do it at the sacrifice to your intelligence my little friend.
Swallow some of your own medication for a change.
When one of the greatest sportsmen ever says that the benchmark to greatness is performance against best of the best, not substandard opposition, one shouldn't challenge it like you did. When medical opinion says that its completely predictable and understandable for Tendulkar to be burnt out by now, you should shut yer yap and concede the point.

Oh and another thing- you shouldnt question an engineer's grasp of mathematics unless you yourself are sporting a degree in Math, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering. Particularly not an electronics engineer's, who happen to study a lot of math(enough to get a full fledged undergrad degree in math if they spent an extra year)And if you do,either back up that questioning by pitting your math skills versus mine or concede that it was nothing more than a typical macho response lacking in grey matter.
I happen to work in an industry that requires competence or people start dying. Needless to say, i take your affront to my professional skills seriously.
You should also know that internet laws in Australia allows me to sue you for libel.
So if i don't see an apology forthcomming ( or a demonstration from your part to back up your assessment that i am a disgrace to my profession), i might just ask James to release vital info about you to me and sue you for libel. Comments like your knee-jerk ballsac-driven nonsense are a direct affront to my P.Eng status and i do not take affront to my career lightly - particularly when it comes from sorry excuses for human beings like yourself.

So, you have two choices really - prove your point ( that i am a disgrace to my profession) or apologize. Or i might be tempted to take action. And considering what a git you've been in the past when dealing with me, i think you know that i shall take great pleasure in suing you.Do i make myself clear ?

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sure, like which comments? I'd love you to clarify. So, if nothing, C_C learns a few things here.
OT I know but here goes:

A lot of footballers actually debut at 18, if not younger in few cases

Ronaldo, C.Ronaldo, Rooney, Pele, Maradona, Kewell, Gerrard, Giggs, Ronaldinho, ....almost every great footballer around? (that's just at the top of my head).

Ronaldo has been scoring 20 goals a season and he's 31

Garrincha

Kewell and Gerrard are no namers? They got awards for the very thing we're discussing here (peaking early)

Henry is about 30 years old, you think he has dipped in form? You know squat about football.

All of the above have major inaccuracies, but feel free to carry on if you want, only making yourself look more and more stupid.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So when beaten by logic, you take the Kazo route. And you wonder why i think Aussies have attitude problems more than others.
Logic???????

U use Sachin's back as an excuse when players like Steve Waugh had their most prolific period in tests AFTER sustaining a back injury which prevented him from bowling AT ALL.

U use his toe as an excuse when Matt Hayden has somehow managed to score 3 hundreds WITH A BROKEN TOE

U claim that batting is more taxing on the body than fast bowling

U claim that injuries prevent one of the greatest batsmen in history from being able to play a simple forward defence but allow him to run, dive and bowl

Yep, some sweet logic there

C_C

International Captain
U use Sachin's back as an excuse when players like Steve Waugh had their most prolific period in tests AFTER sustaining a back injury which prevented him from bowling AT ALL.
Steve didnt have a shattered toe and a bum elbow to go along with it. The point is the cumulative effect of all his injuries. Tendulkar messed up his back in 1997. He still clobbered everyone for the next five years.

U use his toe as an excuse when Matt Hayden has somehow managed to score 3 hundreds WITH A BROKEN TOE
So has Tendulkar- shattered toe since 98 or 99. Point is, when you have been exposed before your body was ready, is the most experienced player in your sport in the world and you have had to carry such injuries for years, it does start showing an effect eventually.
Lets see how Matty does 5 years from now if he doesnt give his toe the time to heal.

Not to mention, you forget- Aussies have far far beter medical technology at their disposal compared to the Indian team.

U claim that batting is more taxing on the body than fast bowling
err no. But batting, bowling and chasing leather all day for 17 years in lot more matches is definitely more taxing than just bowling for 12.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I give you this link that categorically shows Lara to've played ZERO tests in 1991. And you are obviously tired because of the time in your part of the world because its simple to see that you arn't owning anybody here but simply countering with 'lalalala you are a liar, Pele didnt say so, Gretsky didnt say so, i know more than doctors about the human body' etc etc.
Are you ********? You can't read a simple line-up sheet.

I am not. Which is why i raise you Lara's test batting career summary page from crickinfo as the counter.
Yeah, look in the above. BTW, a year more or not? The year in question Tendulkar played only 2 tests. So, not forgetting the mileage argument, you're **** out of luck

yet he did - in his book. Something that you obviously have not read.
By your own words, you should keep yer mouth shut about stuff you don't know.
Yet you still don't name this book.

Says you. I am not the only one in this thread who thinks you are clueless about footy.
Yeah, and the other member who did think so has refrained from pointing out an example in which I've been incorrect in. Whilst I've pointed out numerous examples in yours, sunshine.

Yes.
Its only the ones with green-n-gold for a retina that think Aussies don't suck in soccer.
Seriously, you guys suck. Ie, at the level of lower tier tiny European nations.
Yeah, lower tier nations like Croatia? Beating Euro champs Greece? Even Brazil and France (Confed cup). Australia are far from a world power, but 'suck'? I think you know more about that than the Socceroos.

Both baseless accusations that i can easily prove false. CBC conducted a 1 hour interview of Gretsky before the post-christmas second half of NHL began in 2005-06 season. You can request a copy if you wish to hear the 'great one' speak and educate yourself.
Nah, anyone who has read this thread knows it isn't baseless.

Do not confuse between knowledge and supposition. You know squat. You just think you do.
It seems you're the one into superstition, you won't even name the title of his book? Too busy trying to Google one that you can name? :laugh:

Mate, i have enough intelligence to school you in most things to do with science. Again, i am waiting for you to school me in math.
I hope you know somethinig about science, because about sport you know F-all.

You obviously cant back up your comments - i said your math is cr@p and i am willing to test it out. You retorted with the same and now you are the one running away.
You obviously can't comprehend English without great difficulty because i made a comment relating to when they became regulars in BOTH forms of the game- which is obviously to relevance if its about mileage.
Oh ****, the Maths gangsta is gonna pop a cap in my ass if we don't MATH-duel. I'm into law, humanities, never was that good at maths. But I can do simple subtraction - which you failed at doing.

Brazil could've won the world cup 4 times since, carrying a 50 year old Pele and Pele could've scored 20 goals every tourney. But if he says his peak was before 27, a punk like you should not contest that.
Er, no they couldn't have. Only someone as deluded as you would come up with that. There are many reasons for it, but mainly that football shifted to a more defensive game - tactics evolved, rules suited defense (i.e. goalies being able to pick up the ball). And so on, but I'm not going to teach you anything here, that's proven to be impossible.

Swallow some of your own medication for a change.
When one of the greatest sportsmen ever says that the benchmark to greatness is performance against best of the best, not substandard opposition, one shouldn't challenge it like you did. When medical opinion says that its completely predictable and understandable for Tendulkar to be burnt out by now, you should shut yer yap and concede the point.
Nah, I tend not to listen to liars and people who seek to mislead people for their own agenda. When you mention something about a medical article, I'd like to actually read that article. When you mention something stupid, and then say Pele said it, I'd like to actually read it. Because you are not a credible source my little friend.

Oh and another thing- you shouldnt question an engineer's grasp of mathematics unless you yourself are sporting a degree in Math, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering. And if you do,either back up that questioning by pitting your math skills versus mine or concede that it was nothing more than a typical macho response lacking in grey matter. Do i make myself clear ?
You couldn't calculate the difference between their debut dates, that's as stupid as it gets. But this thread has illustrated a lot of defects in your reasoning and citation. I pray to god you'll be a good engineer as you will serve other people, but you're obviously not too knowledgeable in sports.

Anyway, this argument has gone on long enough. I don't know why I let you drag me into these lunacies. Other people keep hinting at it, but I get too tempted. I guess you're the guy I'll have to come to accept for being the imbecile who won't shut up. And let you be and carry on in your own delusions.

P.S. I'd like the name of that book.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
LOL - go at it fellas.

In regard to the Lara v ST thing, I do not think it can just be reduced to numbers, and numbers alone. ST and Lara have been playing for almost the same number of years, though ST has played more tests and odi's, even though out of the game for a couple of years. I do not know if Lara has had a similar period out of the game, at least due to injury.

But I digress, as that is not the point.

Simply, wear and tear affects different players differently. Two players may have played the same number of games in the same number of years, and one may end up virtually in pieces while the other happily plays golf every day in retirement.

Secondly, when weighing up players like Lara and ST, I would wager that the mental load that each player has borne over the course of his career is at least as important to take into consideration as physical wear and tear (not to mention of course, as is well known, that mental health has an effect on physical health and vice versa).

*retires back to the stands*

C_C

International Captain
Are you ********? You can't read a simple line-up sheet.
You are the ******** one- the link i provided categorically shows Lara to've played ZERO tests in 1991.

Yet you still don't name this book.
Because it serves no purpose- you already think i am lying despite not even knowing which book i am referring to. Pearls before a swine.

Yeah, lower tier nations like Croatia? Beating Euro champs Greece? Even Brazil and France (Confed cup). Australia are far from a world power, but 'suck'? I think you know more about that than the Socceroos.
Still doesnt change the picture that Socceroos suck compared to the good teams.

Nah, anyone who has read this thread knows it isn't baseless.
Staying up in the wee hours of the morning is making your brain (What little of it is there anyways) screw up royally really.

It seems you're the one into superstition

seriously. Improve thy English. I said SUPPOSITION. Not superstition. It makes sense now why you are bothering arguing against the obvious - English is obviously too challenging a language for you.Which is scary since English is one of the easiest (if not also one of the nuttiest) languages to learn. Thank your lucky stars that you aint Chinese or Arab. Probably would've been buried alive or spent your whole life in re-education camps trying to learn the language.

Because you are not a credible source my little friend.
And i have already pointed to you what the source is. Oh and i am not your friend. Ye got that, ye big fat tub of lard and knobby bones ?

Too busy trying to Google one that you can name?
Its really not that hard to look up- so quit begging me and go look it up yourself.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
The biggest insult-fest ever without any warnings or thread closure?

I'm kinda enjoying it for some reason though. :ph34r:
Haha yeah, it's pretty funny stuff really. Love the way they are so condescending to each other. I like to pick a side in these massive battle of the quotes and cheer them on. Backing C_C here and if anyone knows our history, that should tell you what I think of the opposition.

C_C

International Captain
. Backing C_C here and if anyone knows our history, that should tell you what I think of the opposition.
:-O

You backing moi ?
Holy hell dude.......my world has turned upside down now.
:ph34r:

PS: look man- shoo. go away. First Marc, now you, you are peer-pressuring my opposition into vanishing. Ie, wrecking my fun. Shoo ! :D

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
Seriously guys, your posts no longer have any relevance to cricket. Great entertainment though. :D
Well if it wernt entertaining and simply about cricket, you think i'd have wasted the last three hours of my work time ?
:ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am willing to match my math skills with your's any day of the week even when half-sober. So bring it, chump!
If train A leaves point X at 50 mph travelling west, then turns 90 degrees to the North after 3 minutes 20 seconds and then travels straight for another 6 minutes at 50 mph, having left at the same moment as train B which left point X traveling East at 45 mph before turning 90 degrees South........

Seriously, this thread has become thoroughly entertaining in an utterly irrelevant context. Pure gold.

The highlight for me has been the use of tough guy language like "chump" by the protagonists while comparing, of all things, their skill in mathematics.:laugh:

Whiteboards and markers at 10 paces.......:ph34r:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kazo & C_C thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my mouse wheels life whilst scrolling through this utter dribble. :dry:

C_C winning on points though it must be said :mellow:

Fusion

Global Moderator
If train A leaves point X at 50 mph travelling west, then turns 90 degrees to the North after 3 minutes 20 seconds and then travels straight for another 6 minutes at 50 mph, having left at the same moment as train B which left point X traveling East at 45 mph before turning 90 degrees South........

Seriously, this thread has become thoroughly entertaining in an utterly irrelevant context. Pure gold.

The highlight for me has been the use of tough guy language like "chump" by the protagonists while comparing, of all things, their skill in mathematics.:laugh:

Whiteboards and markers at 10 paces.......:ph34r:
Hahahahahaha. I agree, this thread has been one of the most entertaining in ages!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL LMAO LMFAO ROFL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHA Hilarious stuff here... Best thread ever IMO!!!!

Highlight of the Thread

CC calling Kaz a *****, and talking all tough, but only talking about facing him in math hahaha :laugh: hilarious... Keep it up fellows.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

seriously. Improve thy English. I said SUPPOSITION. Not superstition. It makes sense now why you are bothering arguing against the obvious - English is obviously too challenging a language for you.Which is scary since English is one of the easiest (if not also one of the nuttiest) languages to learn. Thank your lucky stars that you aint Chinese or Arab. Probably would've been buried alive or spent your whole life in re-education camps trying to learn the language.

And i have already pointed to you what the source is. Oh and i am not your friend. Ye got that, ye big fat tub of lard and knobby bones ?

HAHAAH JUST HAD TO QUOTE THIS.... Man CC I am your number one biggest fan from now on... You rock dawg, keep it up!

:laugh: