• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis Vs Sobers

The better allrounder?

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
somehow people all around the world had been waiting for him to score a double hundred i feel. at least i was vocal about it, and CW members still like to kick me for it whenever there is a chance. others are slowly coming out of the closet.

the point is.... i feel now that there is nothing that can stop anyone from calling kallis one of the greatest cricketers of all time. he has ticked all the boxes. and **** me... he has created some new boxes and ticked them too... the sudden outpouring of kallislove around the globe proves that there was some reservation about him till now. the fact that he has improved his SR significantly in the last three years could be a major reason for the popularity pendulam swinging in his favor.

this has become a legitimate thread in my view now. for all practical purposes sobers is only slightly ahead of kallis in my books. the gap is closing in.
Always know you'd come around bagapath. :p

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bagapath is always gracious and open-minded. I remember he made a post praising Ponting as well after his recent knocks in India.

Teja.

Global Moderator
While I most often don't agree with most of what bagapath says, He's gun. Especially his self-depreciating humour.

kingkallis

International Coach
somehow people all around the world had been waiting for him to score a double hundred i feel. at least i was vocal about it, and CW members still like to kick me for it whenever there is a chance. others are slowly coming out of the closet.

the point is.... i feel now that there is nothing that can stop anyone from calling kallis one of the greatest cricketers of all time. he has ticked all the boxes. and **** me... he has created some new boxes and ticked them too... the sudden outpouring of kallislove around the globe proves that there was some reservation about him till now. the fact that he has improved his SR significantly in the last three years could be a major reason for the popularity pendulam swinging in his favor.

this has become a legitimate thread in my view now. for all practical purposes sobers is only slightly ahead of kallis in my books. the gap is closing in.
:)

bagapath

International Captain
Bagapath is always gracious and open-minded. I remember he made a post praising Ponting as well after his recent knocks in India.
thanks vcs. but we can't afford to forget even for a moment that this forum is about cricket and not about our individual egos. with all our work/academic/personal issues dominating our thoughts, this is a great place to forget about money making for a while, exchange cricket banter with like minded addicts and share one's unabashed love for the game without inhibitions. i keep this window open to take my mind off other things once in two hours or so. and it has worked so far.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
thanks vcs. but we can't afford to forget even for a moment that this forum is about cricket and not about our individual egos. with all our work/academic/personal issues dominating our thoughts, this is a great place to forget about money making for a while, exchange cricket banter with like minded addicts and share one's unabashed love for the game without feeling inhibitions. i keep this window open to take my mind off other things once in two hours or so. and it has worked so far.
..about the 3rd or 4th post from you that I liked... :p

On a serious note, I very much share your feelings on this.

Redsok

Cricket Spectator
Sobers the better batsman (especially considering their respective eras), Kallis the better bowler, Sobers the better fielder, so I'd go with Sobers.

Facts, and statistics doesn't really prove "Sobers was the better batsman". It's extremely close. Numbers don't lie

And Kallis was definitely the superior bowler.

And speaking of FIELDING. Kallis has 300+ catches. Much more than Sobers. Sobers was no Jonty Rhodes either

So what the **** did Sobers do any better, for you to claim that he was the "better fielder"?? Makes no sense. Bunch of biased and ignorant idiots

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Facts, and statistics doesn't really prove "Sobers was the better batsman". It's extremely close. Numbers don't lie

And Kallis was definitely the superior bowler.

And speaking of FIELDING. Kallis has 300+ catches. Much more than Sobers. Sobers was no Jonty Rhodes either

So what the **** did Sobers do any better, for you to claim that he was the "better fielder"?? Makes no sense. Bunch of biased and ignorant idiots
Facts and statistics show a very limited amount of the impact a cricketer had. Using facts and stats exclusively is done by ignorant idiots.