• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
All I know is Muralitharan was the biggest phony and chucker of all time. Beside SL fans and prolly some other ******s no else gives him any legitimacy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nah, Murali chucked. I don't believe it's possible to bowl the doosra without straightening the arm. Some of the concrete arm testing shows he was legit but how was he in match conditions. Who is to say he didn't straighten his arm.

I also don't agree with the current cricket laws which have the chucking at 15 degrees. It should be based on velocity.

The doosra should be outlawed. I have no issue with the straight one but the doosra is just a wrong delivery. Bishan speaks sense on this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, if you start with a straight arm, then it is not possible to bowl without "bending" it, so even that line was not right... :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah, Murali chucked. I don't believe it's possible to bowl the doosra without straightening the arm. Some of the concrete arm testing shows he was legit but how was he in match conditions. Who is to say he didn't straighten his arm.

I also don't agree with the current cricket laws which have the chucking at 15 degrees. It should be based on velocity.

The doosra should be outlawed. I have no issue with the straight one but the doosra is just a wrong delivery. Bishan speaks sense on this.
Bishan is an idiot who was never as good as Ashwin, Bhajji or Kumble and the spin quartet was over rated as ****. **** him. His attempts to stay relevant in this age is pathetic and amusing.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Bishan Singh Bedi is a cantankerous old man who can't help giving his no-good opinion on anything related to Indian cricket. They are almost always negative, and are always brain dead. I don't know why the media bothers to go to him and ask him for his 'views' except to perhaps get a laugh.

Now Yograj Singh on the other hand....

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
All I know is Muralitharan was the biggest phony and chucker of all time. Beside SL fans and prolly some other ******s no else gives him any legitimacy.
Wow, what an insightful explanation that will help to improve knowledge of the forummers exponentialy, good on you mate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not possible to bowl at all without straightening the arm ftr, so you are right on this. Rest of the posts is rubbish though.
One is not allowed to straighten arm 'above shoulder' beyond 15 degrees.

Of course you and others will just buy the cast experiment blindly without going into detail about the demerits of the doosra. Any ways.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always have a quiet lol when people vehemently state that "Murali was proven to have a legal action . . . proven!"

Irrelevant now IMO. Guy was a good player and had a great career, arguing about it now is pointless.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I always have a quiet lol when people vehemently state that "Murali was proven to have a legal action . . . proven!"

Irrelevant now IMO. Guy was a good player and had a great career, arguing about it now is pointless.
Odd that you don't have the same LOL feeling when some say "Chucker, chucker"

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If it was irrelevant this thread would be about 100 pages back by now - it is true that his basic action was proved to be fair, and then the law was tweaked to allow him to bowl a doosra. It shouldn't have been though and Pratters is right - that delivery should have no place in the game