• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ishant Sharma vs Stuart Broad - Test bowler

Who is better test bowler?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure about that, but would agree that Morkel would be another one to be mentioned as potentially ahead of either Broad or Ishant.
Mmm. Morkel was amazing in the series against England. Like, waaay better than Broad, Ishant, Siddle or Roach have ever been for more than the odd spell. We'll see how he goes in the Windies.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I remember Ishant being the man of the series in the India Australia test series in India. How often do you see a fast bowler winning a man of he series in India. This kid has got it in him and I just think some time off LOIs will do him good.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Ishant being the man of the series in the India Australia test series in India. How often do you see a fast bowler winning a man of he series in India. This kid has got it in him and I just think some time off LOIs will do him good.
Agreed.

He is still a good test bowler.

It is the LOI's that are messing him up and people are remembering him for those rather than his test performances which are showing potential.

Debris

International 12th Man
I voted this purely on potential really. Ishant could become the best bowler in the world, something Broad is not capable of.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Mmm. Morkel was amazing in the series against England. Like, waaay better than Broad, Ishant, Siddle or Roach have ever been for more than the odd spell. We'll see how he goes in the Windies.
And he was pretty dire during the tour of Australia.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I know, I'm not saying he's useless or that that was representative of him. Was more replying to Uppercut who was saying he was amazing in the UK - I was pointing out that he wasn't amazing in Aus, ie. the level he bowled at in the UK hasn't been consistent.

akilana

International 12th Man
I know, I'm not saying he's useless or that that was representative of him. Was more replying to Uppercut who was saying he was amazing in the UK - I was pointing out that he wasn't amazing in Aus, ie. the level he bowled at in the UK hasn't been consistent.
I agree. He isn't very consistent like Steyn even to the extent of Johnson but is more consistent than the two the thread is about, I believe. He bowled well in India I thought. Had a couple of catches dropped. The WI tour and the tests vs India should tell us which direction he's traveling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And he was pretty dire during the tour of Australia.
He's talking about the series in Saffa over the winter though - so it has more relevance in that it's recent and thus suggests improvement from the Aus tour twelve months earlier.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slightly worse than Jason Gillespie is still a lot better than Stuart Broad.
There aren't many bowlers around now at that level never mind the one above that contained McGrath and Waqar etc...

Just shows how poor the bowling ranks are now.

kingkallis

International Coach
At this stage, Broad is better than Ishant!

Ishant started pretty well but he seems like a totally different bowler now...Broad has become a very important part of English attack!