• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ishant Sharma vs Stuart Broad - Test bowler

Who is better test bowler?

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
Roach and Aamer IMO are the future ATG pacers, Ishant and Broad will end up, at best, statistically as good as Gillespee, at worst The Zaheer Khan level.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Roach will be the best fast bowler in the world in3 years time.Regular 145+,good outswing,mean bouncer and a wicket yorker.

Control lacks a bit but accuracy comes with age tbh.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
yes lets judge a bowler when he is unfit.
Ok, what I meant to say is that I don't feel Siddle is a very good bowler when he's not bowling at top speeds. As soon as his pace drops so does the quality of his bowling, regardless of match fitness.

TumTum

Banned
Ok, what I meant to say is that I don't feel Siddle is a very good bowler when he's not bowling at top speeds. As soon as his pace drops so does the quality of his bowling, regardless of match fitness.
Still better than Broad then? :tongue:

Stapel

International Regular
That spell was hardly impressive. And since when does 1 spell decide how good a bowler is?
That spell was mighty impressive! It's really hard to argue with that!
What I like about Broad is that he indeed is NOT a great bowler, but a decent bowler with the odd great spell.

TumTum

Banned
Aha you guys are hilarious, that spell at the Oval was just a fluke, yes just a fluke there I said it, any other day and he would not have got those wickets. The fact remains is that he bowled **** all through-out his career and most part of the Ashes, and you guys think he is a good bowler of just 1 lucky spell :laugh:

He has never troubled any batsmen and never will, one of the most useless bowlers in a long time.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Aha you guys are hilarious, that spell at the Oval was just a fluke, yes just a fluke there I said it, any other day and he would not have got those wickets. The fact remains is that he bowled **** all thought-out his career and most part of the Ashes, and you guys think he is a good bowler of just 1 lucky spell :laugh:

He has never troubled any batsmen, one of the most useless bowlers in a long time.
:laugh: Complete drivel. Was it further fluke when he ran through the South African middle order at Durban too? The 6fer at Headingley a fluke as well? Broad bowled beautifully at The Oval. It wasn't a fluke spell, there was obvious thought behind that spell. He dropped his pace a few MPH and focused on bowling a consistent line and length which was noticeably fuller than the length he had been bowling for most of the series. He got the ball to move in the air, and off the pitch and bowled some absolute beauties. The one to Haddin was a jaffer for example.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: Complete drivel. Was it further fluke when he ran through the South African middle order at Durban too? The 6fer at Headingley a fluke as well? Broad bowled beautifully at The Oval. It wasn't a fluke spell, there was obvious thought behind that spell. He dropped his pace a few MPH and focused on bowling a consistent line and length which was noticeably fuller than the length he had been bowling for most of the series. He got the ball to move in the air, and off the pitch and bowled some absolute beauties. The one to Haddin was a jaffer for example.
Not worth it,this guy is obviously on a piss take and won't see what is staring him straight in the face.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I even rate Siddle as a better bowler than Broad :laugh:
Siddle is actually a very good bowler.
Siddle was one of the bowlers I was thinking of. Aamer and Roach are others. I don't think you can really claim either Broad or Ishant are 'just babies in tests' either. They've both played 20+ tests and been around the team for a few years.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not sure about that, but would agree that Morkel would be another one to be mentioned as potentially ahead of either Broad or Ishant.
How old is Dale Steyn compared to Broad or Ishant?

Edit: Steyn nearly 27, Broad nearly 24, and Ishant nearly 22.