• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there any hope left for Joe Root; the batsman?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. No he has not.

Sad that, as bad as he was on the issue of racism, his demise as captain has led to the appointment of a man who should be watching proceedings from a 6x8 foot cell in Pentonville Road Gaol.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was one of the worst captains I've seen in international cricket. Looking back I can't believe it went on for 5 years. Thank **** it's over and we can just enjoy his batting.
Unfortunately for Joe "looking apologetic" isn't a key trait when it comes to captaining a cricket team. Neither is moving a fielder after the fact.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sad little Aussie boys finding straws to clutch at because Joe is the ****ing OG. Bitches

Shady Slim

International Coach
Sad little Aussie boys finding straws to clutch at because Joe is the ****ing OG. Bitches
bri'ish people having to pretend that a series against anyone other than australia means anything to them after they got bent over backwards in the ashes
℮den on Twitter: @BillRatchet *wojak crying behind mask* / Twitter

Shady Slim

International Coach
Never ever refer to me as ‘Bri’ish’ I’m of the ****ing north
my mistake then. norf people when you remind them a series against anyone other than australia doesn't truly mean anything to them after australia bent them over backwards in the ashes
1654676560130.png

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, norf is still wrong. Stop watching Annie and taking your ideas about how we speak over here from it you dumb little prick. Now enough!

Back onto Joe Root. He must be even better than I thought to have the OzNat triumvirate of Burgey, Cokes and Shady so rattled that they have to start swiping on about Ashes series and Ben Stokes (lack of) criminal record. Sad!

Shady Slim

International Coach
No, norf is still wrong. Stop watching Annie and taking your ideas about how we speak over here from it you dumb little prick. Now enough!

Back onto Joe Root. He must be even better than I thought to have the OzNat triumvirate of Burgey, Cokes and Shady so rattled that they have to start swiping on about Ashes series and Ben Stokes (lack of) criminal record. Sad!
it is a bedrock of supporting the australian cricket team that one accepts cricket against all nations other than australia is mickey mouse cricket and doesn't matter when assessing players

i'm consistent with this attitude anyway, it's why i don't rate warner, when you're an australian batsman if you consistently fail against england in england because it's the most important tour for an aussie bat - very convenient all my mental checklists just happen to align with my agenda!

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it is a bedrock of supporting the australian cricket team that one accepts cricket against all nations other than australia is mickey mouse cricket and doesn't matter when assessing players

i'm consistent with this attitude anyway, it's why i don't rate warner, when you're an australian batsman if you consistently fail against england in england because it's the most important tour for an aussie bat - very convenient all my mental checklists just happen to align with my agenda!
This is all true though

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
No. No he has not.

Sad that, as bad as he was on the issue of racism, his demise as captain has led to the appointment of a man who should be watching proceedings from a 6x8 foot cell in Pentonville Road Gaol.
yes sad state of affairs indeed...