• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate W.G. Grace?

How do you rank W.G. as a Cricketer?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey thinks the Australian way to troll is the best way to troll. No doubt he is now going to make excuses about how the moderators are **** or the forum layout is sub par, thus enabling us subcontinental trolls to beat him
Nah, had nothing to do with a moderator. Stephen just appealed to my better angels.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
I think one reason we won't see an India/Pak series even in a neutral venue is that such a series would be financially beneficial to PCB, and by extension, Pakistan. The Indian government cannot approve of Pakistan making money off Indian players/sponsors/spectators. The BCCI is already against other countries making money off Indian players - Yusuf Pathan had signed on to play in the HK T20 Blitz last year, but the BCCI caught wind of this and interfered, and said he cannot play literally because they didn't want CHK profiting off Indian talent.

Such is life.
Yea I know that the BCCI would never allow for the series to be played in the UAE..what about from the Pak side? Are they also opposed to it the same way ? Surely they can see that this series would be such a massive money grab - It amazes me that the boards can't just come to some sort of agreement in terms of sharing that money (with an obvious BCCI bias) and allowing it to go ahead.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Burgey thinks the Australian way to troll is the best way to troll. No doubt he is now going to make excuses about how the moderators are **** or the forum layout is sub par, thus enabling us subcontinental trolls to beat him
Look mate Burgey plays hard but fair and he knows where the line is.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and until such time as India and Pakistan do play each other I will never acknowledge either as the No1 team.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh and until such time as India and Pakistan do play each other I will never acknowledge either as the No1 team.
No one is asking you to recognise either as number 1

Just recognise the Ashes pales in significance to India Vs Pakistan. Like, you ****ing guys get together after the game to share beers and be friends. There are no friends after an India Vs Pakistan game. There are effigies burnt, riots in the street, and the nation's police wandering around the streets looking to arrest anyone celebrating the opposition's victory.

Imagine if you got arrested for celebrating an English Ashes victory in Australia Adders? That would be crazy wouldn't it? That's the reality in India and Pakistan.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No trouble accepting that at all. I've been advocating it since January 2008.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah you guys can have that. I'll take the constant paying out of office Poms before sharing a pint at the end of the series over crazy death threats and burning of effigies.

The Australian way is better.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain

Just recognise the Ashes pales in significance to India Vs Pakistan. Like, you ****ing guys get together after the game to share beers and be friends. There are no friends after an India Vs Pakistan game. There are effigies burnt, riots in the street, and the nation's police wandering around the streets looking to arrest anyone celebrating the opposition's victory.

Imagine if you got arrested for celebrating an English Ashes victory in Australia Adders? That would be crazy wouldn't it? That's the reality in India and Pakistan.
Well, for the sharing of beers that is 50% of the fans discluded already.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

You must be so proud:ph34r:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Until such time as they actually play this **** is all just a moot point. So.... should we try getting back on topic or let this ****posting get worse?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As he's planning to be wearing a Harlequin cap when that happens I'd be disappointed if he wasn't

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
In my opinion it is impossible to give an opinion about W.G. without considering his unparalleled influence on (what subsequently became) the modern game. In that, he is no.1 in my mind. For purely cricketing ability, we can only judge what he did in comparison to his peers, and he is second only to Bradman in that regard as a batsmen, without taking into account his bowling as well.
Bradman is 2nd only to WG in that regard.