• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate W.G. Grace?

How do you rank W.G. as a Cricketer?

• Total voters

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
All this cheating and yet they walk about all holier-than-thou, we were top of the world you should play cricket our way, we do it the best, chest thumping nonsense.

Sickening really.
Man, you're lucky you weren't living in Australia during 1995-2005. The chest-thumping was at its zenith during those years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All this cheating and yet they walk about all holier-than-thou, we were top of the world you should play cricket our way, we do it the best, chest thumping nonsense.

Sickening really.
Everyone should play cricket the Australian way. The results speak for themselves. Been the superior cricketing nation throughout the sport's history. in fact, the only times we haven't have been when we've stepped away from playing the Australian way.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, you're lucky you weren't living in Australia during 1995-2005. The chest-thumping was at its zenith during those years.
Moved here in '93......lived through all of it and it's fair to say it turned my heart to stone where Australian cricket is concerned.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The only Aussies I like are the ones that play for Durham.

And Harold Bishop. He's alright.

cnerd123

likes this
Who were you going for in the Ashes ****??
Calm your ****. Just cuz the Aussies are ****s doesn't make you 'Oh lets invade the whole planet and force our culture and language upon them, drawing artificial borders as we leave so they continue to squabble for centuries to come' birts any better.

I mean come up with some proper cuisine first, how on Earth am I supposed to root for a team that has beans from a can as a staple of their diet.

cnerd123

likes this
there are no winners in an Ashes series. Not even Cricket.

It's why we confine all of it to its own Subforum.

Daemon

there are no winners in an Ashes series. Not even Cricket.

It's why we confine all of it to its own Subforum.
Nah not true. The Ashes is a win for all. Once in a while you get brilliant series like '05 and Johnson in '13. Other times you get things like 60 all out or Cook keeping the Aussies in the field for 2 days. Either way you get to watch England or Australia lose which is always nice to see.

This last one was thoroughly boring though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All these jealous non-ashes fans. You're just all sad that you can't play in the greatest rivalry in world sport.

TheJediBrah

All these jealous non-ashes fans. You're just all sad that you can't play in the greatest rivalry in world sport.
I'd probably do the same thing if I was them tbh. It would be pretty sad to follow a sport yet my team not even be involved in the main event of the sport.

I doubt I'd even know cricket existed if it wasn't for the Ashes, in all seriousness. It wouldn't be anywhere near as much on the Australian sports radar

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
India v Pakistan could have been an ''Asian Ashes'' if the two actually bothered to play against each other.

cnerd123

likes this
India v Pakistan could have been an ''Asian Ashes'' if the two actually bothered to play against each other.
These Aussies and Brits think their rivalry is the 'biggest one' in cricket.

Like bitch please, India and Pakistan have literally been at war with each other within our lifetimes. Your tiny container of burnt wood has nothing on actual dead bodies.

Just like the Sachin thing this is just something you guys have no comprehension of yet try to act like you do

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

These Aussies and Brits think their rivalry is the 'biggest one's in cricket.

Like bitch please, India and Pakistan have literally been at war within our lifetimes. Your tiny container of burnt wood has nothing on that.

Just like the Sachin thing this is just something you guys have no comprehension of yet try to act like you do
They never even play each other though, that's the point