• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate W.G. Grace?

How do you rank W.G. as a Cricketer?

• Total voters

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
These Aussies and Brits think their rivalry is the 'biggest one' in cricket.

Like bitch please, India and Pakistan have literally been at war with each other within our lifetimes. Your tiny container of burnt wood has nothing on actual dead bodies.

Just like the Sachin thing this is just something you guys have no comprehension of yet try to act like you do
Then play together: have a big five test series, winner gains Kashmir.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Would have been sufficient tbh
Next time Bangladesh tour Australia you should see if you can score a cheap flight to see a match or two over here, I can guarantee you'll enjoy yourself. Aussies are actually a really chilled out people off the cricket field, & there are many Asians living over here these days who are fully involved with all forms of society. Indika Gallage, for example, has been playing cricket in Melbourne for the last 10 years & was my team-mate for 3 years at our local club. He's been raising his family over here.

Days of Grace

International Captain
In my opinion it is impossible to give an opinion about W.G. without considering his unparalleled influence on (what subsequently became) the modern game. In that, he is no.1 in my mind. For purely cricketing ability, we can only judge what he did in comparison to his peers, and he is second only to Bradman in that regard as a batsmen, without taking into account his bowling as well.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Will we ever see a Ind - Pak series in the future? Is it really the politics stopping this series going ahead right now or the BCCI wanting it to be played at home and not in the UAE?

It is a shame that even with the upcoming WTC we won't get to see this match - up. I mean can you imagine a league place being on the line on top of what is ALREADY on the line.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which one....the Kashmir one or the blowing each other up one??

If I didn't know any better I'd think ***** and Co have got under your skin:ph34r:
I deleted my comment thinking Burgey would do the same but it was the blowing up comment.

cnerd123

likes this
Which one....the Kashmir one or the blowing each other up one??

If I didn't know any better I'd think ***** and Co have got under your skin:ph34r:
Burgey thinks the Australian way to troll is the best way to troll. No doubt he is now going to make excuses about how the moderators are **** or the forum layout is sub par, thus enabling us subcontinental trolls to beat him

cnerd123

likes this
Will we ever see a Ind - Pak series in the future? Is it really the politics stopping this series going ahead right now or the BCCI wanting it to be played at home and not in the UAE?

It is a shame that even with the upcoming WTC we won't get to see this match - up. I mean can you imagine a league place being on the line on top of what is ALREADY on the line.
I think one reason we won't see an India/Pak series even in a neutral venue is that such a series would be financially beneficial to PCB, and by extension, Pakistan. The Indian government cannot approve of Pakistan making money off Indian players/sponsors/spectators. The BCCI is already against other countries making money off Indian players - Yusuf Pathan had signed on to play in the HK T20 Blitz last year, but the BCCI caught wind of this and interfered, and said he cannot play literally because they didn't want CHK profiting off Indian talent.

Such is life.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think one reason we won't see an India/Pak series even in a neutral venue is that such a series would be financially beneficial to PCB, and by extension, Pakistan. The Indian government cannot approve of Pakistan making money off Indian players/sponsors/spectators. The BCCI is already against other countries making money off Indian players - Yusuf Pathan had signed on to play in the HK T20 Blitz last year, but the BCCI caught wind of this and interfered, and said he cannot play literally because they didn't want CHK profiting off Indian talent.

Such is life.
India, despite being a democracy is so culturally different to western countries in its thinking. It's bizarre to be so selfish about players like that.

cnerd123

likes this
India, despite being a democracy is so culturally different to western countries in its thinking. It's bizarre to be so selfish about players like that.
It's not new, especially not in cricket. Kerry Packer, Rebel Tours to SA, ICL. Counties were extremely possessive about their players too weren't they? Back in the day when County Cricket was the highest level available.

Cricket boards have always tried to control their players as though they owned them. The BCCI is unique in how openly they care about money though.