• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hate their personality, love their game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greg Norman is a very polarizing figure in Australian golf

He has done some great things for the game and been generous with his time towards young golfers but is regarded as a complete **** by many who know him

the big bambino

International Captain
Jack Fingleton. Not that his test game was memorable. Good performer but stodgy. My word he could write though even if he disfigured his art with his Bradman obsession.

fredfertang

Do ya know, probably my top name for this list too, by all accounts one of the biggest wankers known to man,.Threatening Dennis Taylor with the IRA possibly his low point, but you really had to be around at the time to know that he was just one of the most hypnotic people to watch, and he was playing bloody snooker.

Johnny Mac possibly too, but he's not evil just a bit of a troll. In fact many of my childhood heroes turned out to be dicks. Knew Tony Kellow a bit, miserable old drunk. Never meet your heroes they say.Nick Faldo is an idjit and Trump fan, Glenn Hoddle is Glenn Hoddle, Seb Coe became a Tory, Daley Thompson is a Bantz king.
True enough, I dare say actually meeting Robin Friday might've changed my view of him

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
According to Evert and Navratilova who had to dance with McEnroe at the nonsensical winners ball at Wimbledon he was painfully shy. He just pretended to be a complete tossbag in public to cover this personality trait.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I've met McEnroe a couple of times and found him to be a really decent guy
yeah? ok his public persona just seems to be really abrasive on and off the court...maybe it is all a cover as lillian thompson suggests...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Connors comes across as a more natural, charmless asshole judging by their on-court personality. At least JMac had that gorgeous game as a redeeming factor.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Connors comes across as a more natural, charmless asshole judging by their on-court personality. At least JMac had that gorgeous game as a redeeming factor.
agreed...connors was always a dick...

Burgey

Wayne Carey. Genuinely dislikable bloke but fmd what a player.

Cameron Smith. Amazing player considering he admits himself to having the body of a chartered accountant. To combine that with simultaneously being the game's best referee is quite an effort.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I do not think anyone annoys me more than C. Ronaldo, a petulant diving diva who basically epitomises all that is wrong in football today and the reason I never follow the sport today. 'Brand Beckham' was annoying for many similar reasons. Terry, G. Neville, Rooney were all complete dicks. The rest of the 'urine generation' were not much better. Gavin Henson is annoying. Shane Warne is hideous. Starc, Smith and Warner all annoy me but I have to be careful here as last time I criticised the current Oz set-up I got banned!

I dislike and disagree with everything Vaughan says since he hung up his bat but he is entitled to his opinions I suppose. All of the Sky fraternity - Botham, Athers, Nass, Warne, Bumble - are complete ECB lackeys and are only interested in keeping cricket for the privileged few and not allowing the rest of the country to enjoy this wonderful sport so I do not like them very much. Vaughan didn't posses a good word about Durham when we got hammered by the ECB the complete hair-transplanted - how many documentaries and books can one make about ''glorious 2005'' - ****. Bumble actually really annoys me. ''I'm werking class. I'm werking class. Did I mention I like a Pintttt and and Curry and that I'm werrrking class''. Dick.

Who else? How long is a piece of string?

I do not mind Murray but his mother with her fist-pumping annoys me. I like a lot of the tennis players really. Nadal and Federer all come across as decent chaps. The Olympians seem alright also.

PS

Morgan is a cricketer I detest. He abandoned his real nation for cash from another nation. He, a captain, **** his trews before a Bangladesh tour when (Hales aside) his other team mates all went - what a wimp. He rarely plays for Middlesex, preferring Twenty20's cash. And then when his sides are beaten he blames the pitch. Then when England play some 'lesser' matches, he cannot be arsed to play, and called an 'England v Ireland' match - coldly - ''just another game''.

Morgan is one of the reasons I cannot get away with England's one-day side. Meanwhile Ireland have their test status and I wish them all the luck in the world - they do not need that wanker.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are both despicable human beings who none-the-less were amazing boxers.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Disagree. Firstly, psychological issues means we cannot blame the person in question like we would if there were no such issues for instance. If some one was hit on the head and can't take care of his family any more, should we blame him? The rage issues which happen after taking pain reducers is well known.

Secondly, I don't agree that WWF should hide Benoit:s achievements from the website. They shouldn't show him in glory promos obviously but he can have a bio on the website with information given that he died after killing his wife and child etc. Brushing things under the carpet is a bit kiddish in this age when people can google every thing.

They do it more for their image as it makes WWE looks bad more than any thing. Disguising it as 'responsibility for actions' and such moral high grounds is a bit rich.

Benoit was my favourite wrestler and it's difficult to come to terms the way it all ended even though many years have passed. Such a tragic event.

Last edited:

social

'Brand Beckham'
Some time ago, my parents were in Milan and my Mum shared a lift with Becks

Cut a long story short, he had breakfast with them and later had a signed jersey delivered to their room for my son

Say what you like about him as a footballer but that was going above and beyond

vcs

Stop bringing up WWF performers, it isn't sports. Doesn't count :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disagree. Firstly, psychological issues means we cannot blame the person in question like we would if there were no such issues for instance. If some one was hit on the head and can't take care of his family any more, should we blame him? The rage issues which happen after taking pain reducers is well known.

Secondly, I don't agree that WWF should hide Benoit:s achievements from the website. They shouldn't show him in glory promos obviously but he can have a bio on the website with information given that he died after killing his wife and child etc. Brushing things under the carpet is a bit kiddish in this age when people can google every thing.

They do it more for their image as it makes WWE looks bad more than any thing. Disguising it as 'responsibility for actions' and such moral high grounds is a bit rich.

Benoit was my favourite wrestler and it's difficult to come to terms the way it all ended even though many years have passed. Such a tragic event.

Cena never talked about Benoit in isolation there. The specifics are hard for us to judge sitting here. The general point that society has started to be more forgiving of people doing bad things and being bad human beings just because they are good at a sport or an art is spot on though. Sometimes societal notoriety can be as good a deterrent as any.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Some time ago, my parents were in Milan and my Mum shared a lift with Becks

Cut a long story short, he had breakfast with them and later had a signed jersey delivered to their room for my son

Say what you like about him as a footballer but that was going above and beyond
I think he is an alright bloke actually but it is the whole pandering to the media thing.