• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha yeah I would hope that too, but here you assumed SL would have scored the same batting first
Yeah true. Can't understate the importance of just having no choice but to go after these blokes bowling so fast, because of the scoreboard and the short time frame to get whatever runs you have to.

Certainly, were I facing Tait, my first movement would be a crouch, very low, and somewhere out near the square leg umpire!

Top_Cat

Certainly, were I facing Tait, my first movement would be a crouch, very low, and somewhere out near the square leg umpire!
Big mistake. No square-leg umpire has ever felt safe when Tait has the ball in his hands.

Think I've posted this before but I was at the ground when Tait, from the end above, bowled so wide, it hit the fence to the right of the electronic scoreboard in the pic above. Twice. In the same over. He also took 7-fer that day. Such is Tait.

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
Hopefully today was also the end of Jayasuriya career as an opener.

Might have a slight chance as spinner at about number 8, but the man is clearly done.

Burgey

Big mistake. No square-leg umpire has ever felt safe when Tait has the ball in his hands.

Think I've posted this before but I was at the ground when Tait, from the end above, bowl so wide, it hit the fence to the right of the electronic scoreboard in the pic above. Twice. In the same over. He also took 7-fer that day. Such is Tait.
But I'm left handed, so he'll have delivered it about 60 metres from where I'd be standing :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To those watching, how was Smith bowling? Great figures, but by the time he was on the fat lady was already bowing so interested to know if he was actually doing well out there.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Big win. Even if Australia don't make it all the way I am sure any neutral viewer will admit the Australian team has provided some of the hightlights of the cup.

Has anyone turned the television off whilst Tait and Nannes are opening the bowling? Was Watson and Warners opening stand not one of the more dominant partnerships ever witnessed at international level? Can anyone think of a more high class fielding display ever been presented? Even Tait has caught a blinder.

Great watching.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah when Tait starts fielding well, you get the feeling Australia are in prime form and unstoppable.

Top_Cat

What really sucks is that these two weapons Australia have in their side are unavailable in the longer form of the game even for their states, let alone Test side.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Considering that less than 12 months ago two subcontinent teams played off in the final, I don't think it'll be the end of the world just yet.

DingDong

State Captain
can australia be stopped? i cant see any team beating them unless all 11 of them have a bad day all at once. i can't even see a world 11 beating this aussie team.. :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To those watching, how was Smith bowling? Great figures, but by the time he was on the fat lady was already bowing so interested to know if he was actually doing well out there.
I thought he bowled beautifully. But I always do. :wub:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I thought he bowled beautifully. But I always do. :wub:
Pretty well, I'd say. Looks to have good accuracy for a tyro leggie. Was mainly pitching them up and pushing them through (as you'd expect in the format, I suppose), but was getting a few to grip and turn. The lack of freebies definitely encouraging too.

Looks to have a lot more about it than White's leg spin, damning with faint praise as that may be.

Dissector

International Debutant
After Sri Lanka's hammering India has quite a decent chance of making it to the semis on run rate. One problem is that they play before the West Indies who will know exactly what they need to do against Australia to move ahead even if they lose the game.

Dissector

International Debutant
I can't seem to find a points table for the super 8 stage but looking at the results, India should have a decent chance of finishing second on NRR if they beat Sri Lanka by a decent margin. After that, NRR is out of the picture; West Indies will have to beat Australia to move ahead. Of course it's likely that Australia will rest a few players so that may not be so hard.

Last edited:

Zinzan

That was shameful by roach lololol wow...even sadder IND still lost even tho they were given 18 runs in extras.
Agree, W.I should have won by 25+ runs. India looked totally out of sorts against the short ball, must be said.

Zinzan

This prematch analysis on ESPN is pretty much as big a joke as the days of Charu and Mandira Bedi. And Danny Morrison really should be banned from being involved with any sort of analysis.
Haha, agree. They seems to persist with Danny for joke value only

Zinzan

can australia be stopped? i cant see any team beating them unless all 11 of them have a bad day all at once. i can't even see a world 11 beating this aussie team.. :(
Lol, that's stretching it way too far. I know I could come up with a World T20 XI side that'd beat them at least 2 out of 3 times.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can't seem to find a points table for the super 8 stage but looking at the results, India should have a decent chance of finishing second on NRR if they beat Sri Lanka by a decent margin. After that, NRR is out of the picture; West Indies will have to beat Australia to move ahead. Of course it's likely that Australia will rest a few players so that may not be so hard.
Currently WI's NRR is 0.5 (or 20 runs) ahead of India - not an insignificant amount to make up - made those silly runs given away at the end of the last game a bit meaningful though.