• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

King Pietersen

International Captain
Awful bowling from Broad really. What's wrong with the conventional 6 yorkers ala Malinga? If he can bowl consistently enough round the wicket bowling full across the batsmen, then why can't he bowl 6 conventional yorkers? Poor stuff really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a gyp.

D/L needs altering for T20, surely? These itty bitty chases effectively take wickets out of the equation.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah stupid system but it does not really matter, we should (this is England of course) win fairly easily tomorow so will go through anyway.

Would of course be a better game tomorow if a certain Irish batsman was actually playing for the right side.

gio

U19 Cricketer
because that would require brains.

anyway, it's only twitty twatty, so it doesn't really matter. night all. :)
It may only be T20, but the fact remains England have still never won an ICC international event. If the same thing happens again, to anyone, then it'll be a complete disgrace. Thankfully, England can still qualify. But if that was a knockout game, such as last year's, then...

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
You can score the joint highest total in the tournament so far, and some rain means the opposition are set a total smaller than the size of my ****. Fantastic.

Sir Alex

Banned
Lol, yet another promising game reduced to a farcical run chase. But England has plenty of positives to take home. Their batting looks very strong. And all the hitters look in good touch. Their bowling was hardly proven today, although Yardy bowled a fantastic over.

No point in whingeing. The laws were up before the tournament. England has been through this before. Still reducing games to 6 overs in any format is dumb imho.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What a gyp.

D/L needs altering for T20, surely? These itty bitty chases effectively take wickets out of the equation.
Would have been interesting if England had kept it tight for the 1st couple of overs.

Sidearse getting hit for 15 in his opening over effectively won the game for the Windies. If Sid and Swann had kept the Windies to 10 or 12, then 50 off 22 balls would have been a lot harder.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What I don't get is why, in a ground with floodlights, we needed to reduce the number of overs in the first place.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Wow there's a LOT of sour grapes going on here!! :laugh: , look everyone was fully aware of the rules before a ball was bowled, if the shoe was on the other foot i'm sure you guys would be loving it, hearing the English commentators basically rule out WI's chances against England the other day didn't help matters either, they say karma is a bitch!!, i'm sure England will go through but it's good to have beaten one of the "favorites"!!, that'll set us up nicely for the second phase, also big up to Andre Fletcher who for once showed he can bat under pressure, i think after that peformance Ramdin may find it hard to get back in,

After the cracking start we made we could have won it even if it was a 20 over game so lets not pretend that we'd have had no chance at all if it didn't rain because we all know that ain't true.

King Pietersen

International Captain
You can score the joint highest total in the tournament so far, and some rain means the opposition are set a total smaller than the size of my ****. Fantastic.
:laugh: Epic post.

AFAIC, England came out of the game well. The batting performance was excellent, and proved to the rest of the tournament that we can score big without Pietersen. Just hope it continues and we put in a similarly awesome batting performance against Ireland. Hoping Jimmeh comes in for Sidearse too. He bowled awfully, still convinced he's no longer an International quality bowler in any form. Has done nothing for a good 18 months.

Sir Alex

Banned
What I don't get is why, in a ground with floodlights, we needed to reduce the number of overs in the first place.
Fair point.

My suggestion is that unless a proper chase is possible (say 12 or more overs), resolve the matter through super over eliminator. Thus both gets equal chance under equal conditions.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AFAIC, England came out of the game well. The batting performance was excellent, and proved to the rest of the tournament that we can score big without Pietersen. Just hope it continues and we put in a similarly awesome batting performance against Ireland. Hoping Jimmeh comes in for Sidearse too. He bowled awfully, still convinced he's no longer an International quality bowler in any form. Has done nothing for a good 18 months.
Agree with this, despite the loss, am quite encouraged. We kept momentum throughout our innings, something we fail to do so often in limited-overs stuff.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, its not like the result really matters, we're hardly gonna go far and if we lose to the Irish we deserve to go out (i'd guess given the result the other day we'd go through with a N/R in tomorrows game?)

Plus i made a bit of coin betting on WI

gvenkat

State Captain
Fair point.

My suggestion is that unless a proper chase is possible (say 12 or more overs), resolve the matter through super over eliminator. Thus both gets equal chance under equal conditions.
Very good point. Atleast Both teams are equal. This 5 over crap shoot aint worth anything. But it's good to see some sourgrapes. :laugh:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After the cracking start we made we could have won it even if it was a 20 over game so lets not pretend that we'd have had no chance at all if it didn't rain because we all know that ain't true.
True but you couldn't lose it with the piddly total needed in the end.

Not that i care much anyway as it is only a game of hit and giggle.

shivfan

Banned
My commiserations to England fans....

After that excellent batting performance, England were in pole position.

However, Gayle practically won the match when he won the toss and sent England in. He suspected that rain would make the run chase easier, and it did. If Colly had won the toss, he probably would've done the same.

Clearly, something needs to be done about how D/L is applied to 20/20 matches before the next 20/20 world champs.