• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame I am going to miss the Australian match tomorow as I am at work.

Not sure what would be better tomorow a defeat for the Germans or a nice sound thrasing for our Antipodean friends.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, I know there's no love lost and all, but I had no idea that Englishmen would actually cheer for the hun over Australia.

Pothas

Nah I will not be cheering for them, it is just that both results would be quite enjoyable.

Will probably be a draw now and I will get nothing out of that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It's a real toughie. I don't really have any problems with the Australian football team, quite like Cahill TBF. Hate the Germans so badly, but I don't think I could support Australia in any sporting competition; might have to tomorrow though.

Pothas

Would take that in a heartbeat TBH.
Got to expect the Germans to win really but draw certainly not out of the question.

I was fully behind Australia at the last world cup actually, but that friendly not been in a world cup for ages vibe has passed over to New Zealand.

Matteh

Is a game between my 2nd and 3rd teams so there's no real animosity, just the fact i was born in Germany puts them as less tenuous to support than Aus.

andyc

So ****ing pumped, if only it wasn't on at 4 am. You guys staying up or waking up for it? Think I'm going to try get some sleep before, then hit the sack again for a few more hours afterwards. Should be a good crowd at college watching it too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So ****ing pumped, if only it wasn't on at 4 am. You guys staying up or waking up for it? Think I'm going to try get some sleep before, then hit the sack again for a few more hours afterwards. Should be a good crowd at college watching it too.
Planning on sleeping early and getting up early. Shouldn't miss much with Slovenia/Algeria, and I'll tape Ghana/Serbia. For the latter I'd like to see a dour 0-0 with a healthy smattering of injuries and red cards.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

Only one place to be afaic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Planning on sleeping early and getting up early. Shouldn't miss much with Slovenia/Algeria, and I'll tape Ghana/Serbia. For the latter I'd like to see a dour 0-0 with a healthy smattering of injuries and red cards.
Yeah, will be kipping early then up for the game. Young bloke has a 9 a.m game himself so won't be back to bed. Will either be on an enormous high or leaving surly, obscenity-laced messages for Corrin.

No more than the **** deserves tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah, true, like GIMH sent through a 'yo man'-filter
Apologise you....you....:blowup:

**** me, I know there's no love lost and all, but I had no idea that Englishmen would actually cheer for the hun over Australia.
Hadn't made my mind up until yesterday morning when I read the likes of duffer and Nafe bigging up SS's mob tbh :p. And I haven't hated Germany that much in recent years, probably because it's been a while since they beat us.

Yeah, will be kipping early then up for the game. Young bloke has a 9 a.m game himself so won't be back to bed. Will either be on an enormous high or leaving surly, obscenity-laced messages for Corrin.

No more than the **** deserves tbh.

Scaly piscine

With the Australia v Germany game I think I'll just laugh at whoever loses really, not too fussed whether it's Germany or Australia who loses. Draw would be a bit dull unless it's a late goal or some such.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Very pumped myself. I will watch the first half of Algeria v Slovenia, sleep until 4am and then be up again.

Win, draw or lose (most likely) I'm so excited to see Australia play.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely ****ing giddy myself. Going to be going crazy for the next 8 hours or so until actually gets underway. Hope the boys really get stuck in.