• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The best fans are the ones passionate enough to boo you and kick the ass of anyone else doing the same. That passion pays your multi million pound salaries you ****stained ****wad. I know he's English but people like that completely get on my nerves - I hear it all the time from dumbass Philadelphia atheletes everytime they get booed by the home crowd.
SS, if you watch football for a few moe years, you'll soon realise that Eng's participation at major tourneys is alwasy accompanied by unrealistic expectations at the start and vindictive recriminations at the end

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SS, if you watch football for a few moe years, you'll soon realise that Eng's participation at major tourneys is alwasy accompanied by unrealistic expectations at the start and vindictive recriminations at the end
Maybe so, but that's the price of passion. I wouldn't want to be associated as a fan with a team where you see polite applause and restraint in praise and condemnation. There are cricket fans like that and I can't stand it. If you can't get into it, what's the point of sport? At least I couldn't do it - you can appreciate the game for its own sake when other teams are playing.

In any case, the boos are hardly unfair; whether the England team ought to have been expected to beat Brazil is a different story to whether their fans should rightly expect them to do better than 0-0 against Algeria.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've booed my own footy team off before. Not when they lose per se, but when I've formed the view they haven't had a go.

Imho there were several players in that England team today who didn't have a go, fo whatever reason.

Personally, it looked like they were almost afraid to over-commit and make a mistake. Seemed ridiculously tentative. Always have thought England play their best when they commit to the tackle and go hard at it. Precious little of that last night.

Steulen

International Regular
Watched the game las night in a bar in Rome and actually felt sory for GIMH at one stage. True story.

benchmark00

What's the big deal with fans booing them off?

Richmond fans have to boo their team off 22 weeks a year.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
lol. british fans are idiots :laugh: .

your team sucks dragonballz. That much is true. But support your team always. sign of a weak minded fan base. imho.
:sleep:
Those England fans there will have spent thousands of pounds and taken time off work in order to be there. Quite justified in their condemnation of a terrible performance. Imagine spending loads of cash booking that 6 months ago, getting really excited and looking forward to it only to be confronted with that performance.

shivfan

Banned
Rooney clearly hasn't recovered from his injury, and should be benched for the next game....

Defoe to play.

chalky

International Debutant
Last night must have been a drink fuelled bad dream can't believe England played 90 minutes against ****ing Algeria and didn't create a chance.

Uppercut

Those England fans there will have spent thousands of pounds and taken time off work in order to be there. Quite justified in their condemnation of a terrible performance. Imagine spending loads of cash booking that 6 months ago, getting really excited and looking forward to it only to be confronted with that performance.
Bollocks, frankly, if they paid through the nose to go see a **** match then that's their choice and their problem when the team plays badly. When did people start thinking their national football team somehow owes them something?

L Trumper

State Regular
Bollocks, frankly, if they paid through the nose to go see a **** match then that's their choice and their problem when the team plays badly. When did people start thinking their national football team somehow owes them something?
Thats the whole point of supporting their national team.. If they win something aren't they will be paraded around the streets? If you are following a team on nationality then you have every right to be feel aggrieved because of that. If those fans don't travel like that, then those players are not gonna get multi million advertisement deals etc.

Besides ENG failed to create a chance against ****ing algeria, being a football fan is enough to boo them.

Last edited:

Uppercut

They have the right to do it. They can do whatever they want AFAIC. The point is that they travel to the other side of the world to support their country then do the complete opposite before they've even been knocked out. What's the deal?

English football fans in being crap shocker.

pasag

RTDAS
It's the fickle fans that annoy me. The ones that will shove it in everyone's faces when things are good and turn on their sides when things are bad. Worst people. They don't add anything to sport.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They have the right to do it. They can do whatever they want AFAIC. The point is that they travel to the other side of the world to support their country then do the complete opposite before they've even been knocked out. What's the deal?

English football fans in being crap shocker.
In all fairness England gave their fans precisely zip to cheer last night. Silence or effing off early were the only other options.

Uppercut

In all fairness England gave their fans precisely zip to cheer last night. Silence or effing off early were the only other options.
England are horribly lacking in any kind of confidence, and that's been evident right through the warm-up matches. Booing is just going to make them play even worse, and the fans who must boo know this, but they do it anyway. They're not there to support the team, they're there because they feel they have a right to be entertained, and subsequently vent their frustration when they aren't, in spite of the fact that doing so harms their team's chance of progress. That's just being a crap fan.

Silence and effing off early are both better options.