• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fiery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good to see Fiery left without having a silly rant like others who have left the site:cool:
Well.....

Seriously though, as much as I think a lot of people are missing the big picture with the number of times Fiery has been banned (this being his second permanent ban and, IIRC, his 5th ban overall), I will definitely miss him. I support the banning but I'm in no way happy with the way things have turned out as I enjoyed Fiery's posts 99% of the time and I really liked him as a member. People need to see the bigger picture of his history and repeated regressions rather than looking at it from the simplistic "Do I want him around?" perspective. I want him around too, but he had several opportunities to reduce his outbursts up based on his good contributions and although he did for small periods, he couldn't sustain it. The mods will miss him as much as everyone else - it was just unavoidable in the end.

The fact that Perm reported his post did not contribute to his ban, despite several people plugging that line, as one of the mods would have seen the post soon enough anyway. It may have contributed to him getting banned 20 minutes before he would have otherwise but that isn't really worth the argument, is it?

Also, if you're reading this Fiery/Yerffoeg/whoever, I definitely appreciate the kind words and feel the same about your the vast majority of your posts. The ban just had to be done, though, unfortunately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Big question is when will althail (or whatever his name is) get bored.
Or forgetful. He still reads the forums, and posted something about Patel about 5 minutes after declaring his boycott before quickly deleting it, so the temptation is there. :p

I certainly hope he'll be back posting soon, though, as I think he's an under-rated member here. I can understand that he is disappointed with the banning - even against the decision - but I hope he can at least understand why it needed to be done even so and returns to CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm one of the opinion that if any one gets offended on an internet site then they need to head into the sunshine more. Fiery was a good poster, I always got a laugh from some of his rants and the cricket forum is worse without him.
I'm of the opinion that people are free to treat internet sites in the exact same way as any other mode of communication. I can't stand trivialists at the best of times, and this any-fuss-is-too-much-fuss-ism is one of the worst traits of CW.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that Perm reported his post did not contribute to his ban, despite several people plugging that line, as one of the mods would have seen the post soon enough anyway. It may have contributed to him getting banned 20 minutes before he would have otherwise but that isn't really worth the argument, is it?
This shows a complete misunderstanding of the point being made about Perm. I have no problem with anyone reporting posts which offend - there's rules here after all and its not my site to be arguing with that; however, Perm's refusal to 'ignore' Fiery using the available facility as per Fiery's requests and his continual baiting of Fiery certainly did contribute to Fiery's ultimate final breach.

Anyway, I would e-mail my thoughts to James on this, but fortunately for all concerned I'm on holiday and I'll probably have forgotten about it by the time I get back.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This shows a complete misunderstanding of the point being made about Perm. I have no problem with anyone reporting posts which offend - there's rules here after all and its not my site to be arguing with that; however, Perm's refusal to 'ignore' Fiery using the available facility as per Fiery's requests and his continual baiting of Fiery certainly did contribute to Fiery's ultimate final breach.
I'm not sure I've even read your posts on the matter yet - I certainly didn't mean my post to be in response to yours in any rate. I'll certainly get around to it eventually; this thread is sizable and a lot of it is just bicker. In essence though, I agree with your point - Perm certainly did bait Fiery a bit and it contributed to his demise. I'm not debating that; I'm debating the belief that Perm reporting the post had a direct affect on the banning.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure I've even read your posts on the matter yet - I certainly didn't mean my post to be in response to yours in any rate. I'll certainly get around to it eventually; this thread is sizable and a lot of it is just bicker. In essence though, I agree with your point - Perm certainly did bait Fiery a bit and it contributed to his demise. I'm not debating that; I'm debating the belief that Perm reporting the post had a direct affect on the banning.
Fair enough Prince. I don't disagree with anything you've written above then. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard said:
I should have made it clearer that this was merely the final straw the broke the donkey's back.
Why should you even be in the situation of making it so clear?

Please stop speaking on behalf of the moderation team.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not speaking on behalf of the moderation team, it's not my place to do that. I'm simply re-stating something that's, essentially, already been stated. People do that all the time whenever "why was he\she banned?" is asked, I simply post more often than most people so I do that more often than most people.

James' comment on Fiery's ban came in the thread that contained said post, the mod team in essence had already spoken, I just re-stated it in a misleading way the first time I said it, so therefore needed to clarify.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Fiery is at the other forum i post at he is well,altho a little upset because he got banned.
I won't mention the forum don't wanna be banned,o got warned by jack for posting the link on the forum once before so i won't post it again.
BTW hope i am not up for a ban, this is deeply worrying.
Fiery is a nice guy from what i can determine,their are always people you are going to clash with.
Anyway be a sport and let him back on,i know he loves posting here.
BTW their is no issue of posting at other forums,i post at quite a few,i am sure i am not the only one.
Anyways peace all,hope i haven't trod on any toes,oh and please don't ben me i like posting here too :cool: .
Don't worry. I post on loads of websites.
I think James /moderators should bring him back.

Anyway Bye Fiery, great knowing you.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
archie_mac - Another great guy. Was organizing the Cricket Awards very well until Richard took over and it died.
Haha, forgot about this. Poor, that - makes it sound basically like the Awards "died" (which they didn't, they're just dormant currently, they'll be back) because I took it over. It'd have gone into hibernation even sooner than it did had I not tried to keep things going for a time. Sean's decision to stop organising them was because he could no longer do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.