• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fiery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I totaly agree with you .
So do I (maybe not totally since I do not know what triggered this particular ban but with the overall sentiment being expressed by JB)

......... Sad.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
I'm of the opinion that people are free to treat internet sites in the exact same way as any other mode of communication. I can't stand trivialists at the best of times, and this any-fuss-is-too-much-fuss-ism is one of the worst traits of CW.
:laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Richard you're a nice guy but if you look out your window you'll see this big bright orb thing in the sky. That is called the sun. Go outside and get some sunshine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard you're a nice guy but if you look out your window you'll see this big bright orb thing in the sky. That is called the sun. Go outside and get some sunshine.
Not at this time of year. Touch on the cold side, see.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh in response to what a lot of people have said,

if you act and behave like a **** in real life, then you will be punished, I mean, if like Fiery you went up to someone and said "Why dont you just go and die" or whatever he said....this would not be considered acceptable.

Tbh having thought about this, if you break the laws in real life, you go to jail, break the rules in CW you get banned, its all relative.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go away, Dwyer, I've mentioned before that your contribution to these sort of issues is very much counter-productive.
He is still allowed to voice his opinion though, even if it doesn't add much. Not that it's my business, but hasn't he requested that you refer to him by his forum name?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, and I've requested he stop being an idiot in my direction with no provocation. Until one request is met, the other won't be.

And posting 1 Laugh smiley isn't even expressing an opinion, it does no-one any good whatsoever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no irony there. I've never propagated the "don't make a fuss, it's only a forum" bull****. People can choose to treat the forum in whatever way they wish.

Bobisback

International Regular
Go away, Dwyer, I've mentioned before that your contribution to these sort of issues is very much counter-productive.
I haven't mentioned it, but in my honest opinion, your contribution in any, and every, matter is very much counter-productive.

The reason for the laugh smiley was that in my eyes, you're someone who loves his interwebs, and hates it when he parts from it, even for a toilet break, gets the shakes and whatnot. This was confirmed when you posted that you often visit the forum with your girlfriend sitting on your lap, or something along those lines. The fact that you think that talking to a complete stranger on an internet forum is the same as talking to your best mate over a beer is laughable.

Im never going to meet you (i hope not anyway, for your sake), nor am i going to meet most of the people on this forum, so i can pretty much treat them how ever i want. If i get along with them, i will treat them with respect, if they annoy the **** out of me, and cant comply with simple requests (e.g. using my forum name) i will treat them however i feel. If it ends up in me being banned, so be it, its not like i will miss my 1 post a day.

I understand that James is trying to run a family forum, with civilized discussion, thats why i shy away from most things. All i did in this case was post a smiley, that you could have, and probably should have, brushed under the mat, and not caused a fuss. But nah, you couldnt do that, you had to drama queen it up, like usual.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I haven't mentioned it, but in my honest opinion, your contribution in any, and every, matter is very much counter-productive.
Fortunately, not many agree with you.
The reason for the laugh smiley was that in my eyes, you're someone who loves his interwebs, and hates it when he parts from it, even for a toilet break, gets the shakes and whatnot. This was confirmed when you posted that you often visit the forum with your girlfriend sitting on your lap, or something along those lines.
It wasn't, really, confirmed at all. I could live without CW, easily, as I could without most other things. I don't want to and I don't need to, though, so I won't. Because it's up to me how I spend my time, and what I enjoy doing.
The fact that you think that talking to a complete stranger on an internet forum is the same as talking to your best mate over a beer is laughable.
No it's not, you just don't understand it. I don't actually think such a thing anyway, I just don't think there's anywhere near as much of a difference as some people do. Many people on this forum are not really strangers to me at all.
Im never going to meet you (i hope not anyway, for your sake)
And for yours, far more so.
nor am i going to meet most of the people on this forum, so i can pretty much treat them how ever i want. If i get along with them, i will treat them with respect, if they annoy the **** out of me, and cant comply with simple requests (e.g. using my forum name) i will treat them however i feel.
I don't feel like complying with any request from someone I have no respect for. I have no respect for you because you have behaved extremely poorly to me, without any provocation. Quite why I "annoy the **** out of you" I don't know, but it certainly predates the fact I refuse to call you what you tell me to call you, because you specifically stated as much when you gave the reasons for your bizarre fixation with me not using your surname.
If it ends up in me being banned, so be it, its not like i will miss my 1 post a day.

I understand that James is trying to run a family forum, with civilized discussion, thats why i shy away from most things. All i did in this case was post a smiley, that you could have, and probably should have, brushed under the mat, and not caused a fuss. But nah, you couldnt do that, you had to drama queen it up, like usual.
I conveyed my disdain for you and your opinions concerning me. That's it.

Bobisback

International Regular
And for yours, far more so.
:laugh:
I don't feel like complying with any request from someone I have no respect for. I have no respect for you because you have behaved extremely poorly to me, without any provocation. Quite why I "annoy the **** out of you" I don't know, but it certainly predates the fact I refuse to call you what you tell me to call you, because you specifically stated as much when you gave the reasons for your bizarre fixation with me not using your surname.
Put me on ignore, and dont address me again, problem solved.

secondly this Dwyer chap seems to be a bit of a spoon in a draw of sharpe knives.
:laugh: I was originally going to jokingly say post reported, until i got what it meant, then i chuckled.

Status
Not open for further replies.