• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Famous Batsmen You Didn't Like to Watch

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not exactly in the same class as most of the names checked in the thread so far, but Dom Sibley is terrible to watch.

Nigh on shotless, really.

Of those with higher test averages I never much cared for Graeme Smith's bottom handed shoveling technique or his Australian namesake Steve's "android that skipped a couple of upgrades" MO.

Jack1

International Debutant
Not exactly in the same class as most of the names checked in the thread so far, but Dom Sibley is terrible to watch.

Nigh on shotless, really.

Of those with higher test averages I never much cared for Graeme Smith's bottom handed shoveling technique or his Australian namesake Steve's "android that skipped a couple of upgrades" MO.
OK man.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Steve Smith has the double whammy of being ugly to watch and having annoying behaviour (the obsessive compulsiveness, and the need to gesticulate so that everyone knows something extradordinary must have happened if he has mis-played / got out).

I'm also not a fan of the bats so big the check drive / block-punch is a safe sure-fired boundary. So, David Warner is coming to mind here first in my mind. Even though not really anything aesthetically un-pleasing about his style. I want some Lara-like flourish in my drives, not stiff wristed blocks. Not really the players' fault, though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
the need to gesticulate so that everyone knows something extradordinary must have happened if he has mis-played / got out
Lol another area where Virat and Smith are similar. Root and Kane just get on with it most of the time or just show their disappointment at getting out at the wrong moment. Smith and Virat just hate getting out so much they can't believe they actually got out. Virat lingers, Smith yells but the feeling seems the same.