• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Famous Batsmen You Didn't Like to Watch

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe it took 19 posts in this thread to mention Steve Smith. I mean he is the most prolific batsmen of my time watching cricket........but its simply excruciating watching him at the crease.

Jack1

International Debutant
Can't believe it took 19 posts in this thread to mention Steve Smith. I mean he is the most prolific batsmen of my time watching cricket........but its simply excruciating watching him at the crease.
Not really. When he bats against England he is like Harry Potter.

subshakerz

International Coach
Majors bats with outright ugly batting styles:

Graeme Smith
Gary Kirsten
Chanderpaul
Steve Smith
Steve Waugh

subshakerz

International Coach
Would also add Chris Gayle. Even Inzi is a batsman who I never could really find appealing to watch. For some reason, tall batsmen seem ungainly. They look weird in the batting stances having to crouch before the ball arrives.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would also add Chris Gayle. Even Inzi is a batsman who I never could really find appealing to watch. For some reason, tall batsmen seem ungainly. They look weird in the batting stances having to crouch before the ball arrives.
Cant agree with this, I love watching Cameron green or kevin pietersen go about there work Crawley and flintoff are also both very appealing.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Also excruciating to watch because he's usually grinding the English attack into the dust.

subshakerz

International Coach
Cant agree with this, I love watching Cameron green or kevin pietersen go about there work Crawley and flintoff are also both very appealing.
I agree with KP, he would be an exception, but thankfully he doesn't crouch in his stance.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barry Richards is considered an elegant strokemaker but every highlight I've watched I've never found his batting aesthetically pleasing. Something about the long windup and crouch looks ungainly to me particularly any horizontal bat shots. Graeme Pollock on the other hand was never described as good looking (atleast to the same extent) and imo his strokeplay looks way ,way better.

Aritro

International Regular
Barry Richards is considered an elegant strokemaker but every highlight I've watched I've never found his batting aesthetically pleasing. Something about the long windup and crouch looks ungainly to me particularly any horizontal bat shots. Graeme Pollock on the other hand was never described as good looking (atleast to the same extent) and imo his strokeplay looks way ,way better.
The strokeplay I've seen from Pollock was crisp and elegant, makes a lovely noise off his bat. Would love to watch more of it tbh