• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs India - Avatar Bets

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ishant Sharma will have the best bowling average of any Indian bowler* to play in the series.

Two weeks.

*by bowler, I mean exactly that. If Sehwag bowls 2 overs all series and takes 1 wicket for 1 run, that doesn't count.
Indian bowling averages:

Zaheer Khan: 2 wickets @ 9
Praveen Kumar: 6 wickets @ 29.33
Ishant Sharma: 4 wickets @ 46.75
Harbhajan Singh: 1 wicket @ 218

I may have erred slightly by not having a minimum stipulation to mitigate Zaheer's inevitable injury.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Indian bowling averages:

Zaheer Khan: 2 wickets @ 9
Praveen Kumar: 6 wickets @ 29.33
Ishant Sharma: 4 wickets @ 46.75
Harbhajan Singh: 1 wicket @ 218

I may have erred slightly by not having a minimum stipulation to mitigate Zaheer's inevitable injury.

Love the Irony. :lol::lol:

Ishant Sharma will have the best bowling average of any Indian bowler* to play in the series.

Two weeks.

*by bowler, I mean exactly that. If Sehwag bowls 2 overs all series and takes 1 wicket for 1 run, that doesn't count.
i'll take that. He plays minimum 2 tests though.
I don't recall stipulating that.
ok. I'll take that in anycase. There is no minimum matches stipulation for any bowler then?
I'll put it in big letters so you can see it more clearly as it seems to be confusing you.

Two weeks.

was making sure you don't have a get out clause later with a grey area.:p You are on.

Na clearly his word was law.

Wanna play Bold and Highlight text game now?:p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Right, as the series is about a month away, I'm going to offer up an avatar bet.

My bet is over the entire series, and is points based. Winner is the person who at the end of the series has scored the most points. Points are awarded as follows:

2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match
Scores on the doors for this so far:

Furball takes 2 points for the Test win
Furball takes a 2-1 lead in the centurion stakes
Furball takes the lead in highest wicket taker stakes, with Broad and Anderson both having 7 wickets
.5 points for the highest run scorer (Pietersen)
.5 points for the highest wicket taker (Broad/Anderson)

Furball 3
biased indian 0

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cevno, can you confirm wtf is going on with our Zaheer/Anderson/Strauss/Sehwag bet?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ok, new one.

No-one in India's top 3 will pass 50 in the 2nd Test. Bet lasts until the start of the 3rd Test.

biased indian

International Coach
Ok, new one.

No-one in India's top 3 will pass 50 in the 2nd Test. Bet lasts until the start of the 3rd Test.
taken...Edit original top 3 ok don't want Night watchmen to come in one down and get out for 0 :)

i have little hope in the other if ZK don't play the rest of the series :(

Last edited: