• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs India - Avatar Bets

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The one in the OP.

There were certain posters who were absolutely adamant that India would win, yet completely chickened out of taking my bet.
But Biased Indian took your bet and you can't really make that bet with more than one person ?

Seeing back, Guess you were referring to Gvenkat only?
Though,sounded in that post that you were talking about several Indian Colleagues who all chickened out after talking smack when there was really only one.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, Same could be said about certain English members not taking Daemon's bet except Weemanbob.

Blaze 18

Banned
What was the Swann bet? :p
I dunno mate - Swann ending up with more wickets than Harbhajan, or him getting Tendulkar/Sehwag out X number of times?:unsure: No clue, really. It wasn't a bet you made with me. Speaking of bets, is our bet still on (the one I mentioned in the post you quoted)?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Still offering -

Praveen Kumar to average under 30 in the series if he plays.

Amit Mishra to average under 32 if he plays.

Graeme Swann to average over 28 in the series.

Stuart Broad to average over 31 in the series.

All one month each.

Blaze 18

Banned
Okay, I have two bets in mind :

1) India to win the test series.

If India win the series I get to choose your avatar. You get to choose mine if they lose. Simple.

Duration : One month.

2) At least two Indian bowlers to pick up more wickets than Swann (entire test series).

Duration : Four months.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A bowler will outscore Tendulkar at Lord's.

2 weeks.

edit: only individual innings totals count, match count is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
You have a deal, Marcuss.

2) At least two Indian bowlers to pick up more wickets than Swann (entire test series).

Duration : Four months.

Any takers?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ishant Sharma will have the best bowling average of any Indian bowler* to play in the series.

Two weeks.

*by bowler, I mean exactly that. If Sehwag bowls 2 overs all series and takes 1 wicket for 1 run, that doesn't count.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant Sharma will have the best bowling average of any Indian bowler* to play in the series.

Two weeks.

*by bowler, I mean exactly that. If Sehwag bowls 2 overs all series and takes 1 wicket for 1 run, that doesn't count.
i'll take that. He plays minimum 2 tests though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
ok. I'll take that in anycase. There is no minimum matches stipulation for any bowler then?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
ok. I'll take that in anycase. There is no minimum matches stipulation for any bowler then?
I'll put it in big letters so you can see it more clearly as it seems to be confusing you.

Two weeks.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Grey area like how even when he made his text larger it didn't allude to whether he was referring to the Test or ODI series?

Na clearly his word was law.