• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well this had to happen I suppose. As other have mentioned the problem is now Morgan....and us not being very good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine if we won the World Cup with an Irish captain. Uppercut would have a field day

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wtf is all this bollocks about Cook being "sacked" or "dumped" - even our own press are at it - the bloke's been rested from a format to which he's never been ideally suited - 'tis no biggie

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah I think it is pretty big. As I've been saying loads on here it's not really a singular format issue because he hasn't been scoring test runs for ages. Regardless of how the world cup goes he'll be under huge scrutiny for the Windies tests.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"So who will replace Cook"
"As captain, Morgan, in the team, probably Hales"
"Are their recent performances good"
"Well"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My word Downton's a fecking hack, isn't he?

Barely 48 hours after he blithely annonces to the press that Cook is the man to lead us into the WC the captain's out on his aris.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You use a smiley like it's not exactly what's going to happen.

Seriously, that's why it's a much of muchness. They're just going to replace him with Bell who's crap as well. At least Cook hadn't been crap for as long.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
My word Downton's a fecking hack, isn't he?

Barely 48 hours after he blithely annonces to the press that Cook is the man to lead us into the WC the captain's out on his aris.
apparently he didnt have a vote on the decision though, so his inital comments could have been misrepresented by the press as gospel rather than his own personal opinion?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ballance in, no Stokes.

World Cup Squad: Morgan (c), Ali, Anderson, Balance, Bell, Bopara, Broad, Buttler, Finn, Hales, Jordan, Root, Taylor, Tredwell, Woakes

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I expected after yesterday. Good luck to them, probably going in with lowest expectations of any England side ever so who knows.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So Ballance would bat where exactly? Surely Taylor has cemented the spot at 3?
I think he'll only be a reserve batsman. Taylor bats five for Notts doesn't he? Could always be an option to stick Hales or Ballance up the order have Taylor at five if Ravi is being a ****.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That side is considerably better in Aus/NZ conditions than the side four years ago were for 2011. Will also probably be the first time we're actually playing our strongest XI since the Champions Trophy, where we got to the final. No Trott is huge and we need Finn to find his proper one day mojo again, but it's still an OK side. We'll qualify for the quarters and then you only need to win three games, so who knows.