• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - General Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
So Marcuss brought up an interesting idea in the other thread, of a premier-league style FC competition where sides pick players from a draft. I thought this was a pretty neat idea.

And then inevitably the discussion (visible on either of our VM boxes) turned inevitably to simming. And that also sounded like a pretty neat idea.

But obviously before this goes any further it would be to nice to see whether anyone else thinks this is a neat idea, or whether it's just us sailing in an empty sea.

So how about it? My guess at how it would work is:

- There are a database of international players, Test and FC, who are weighted in some way (I'm told that the database would be a year old, but that's fine by me)
- Folks here ie. wallpapersposters would pick teams in classic draft style.
- There might be some little bits and pieces to go with that like trading et al but that's the basic gist of it
- I get Clarke :ph34r:
- We (I, and Marcuss will help out) then sim some matches to see how it all works.

And yes, before you ask, I am not PEWS and I will actually try to sim games in what would actually be called a reasonable time frame. Marcuss tells me it's easy anyway.

So... any takers?

EDIT: I haven't actually worked out how big the database is yet, so I don't know how many folks can actually do this... first come first served I guess. The database has 208 players (with 16 keepers). Squads of 13 = can accomodate at absolute maximum 16 folks.

----

Expressions of interest:
Me, obviously
Noble One
Samuel_Vimes
Marcuss
Daemon/Flem274*
marc71178
Howe_zat
Teja
Shwee (:p)
weeman27bob
Cevno
Himannv
Got_Spin
GIMH
GingerFurball
centurymaker/vcs

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
FTR the absolute maximum number of players that the database can accommodate looks to be 16 - where we play squads of 13 per person, but that will make the final drafting round very interesting indeed.