• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Most indispensable cricketer in the world

So who is it?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice trolling.

The self-rigtheousness is strong in this one

That's not trolling.

Expressing a differing opinion in one or two words or sentences is not, by definition, trolling.

Or can't people express an opinion with respect to that player's action (be it here or elsewhere on the forum)?

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Calling a person a chucker who has gone to unnecessary lengths to prove that he doesn't throw is blatant trolling. Ignoring all scientific data against your idea is trolling. And this is not just an opinion on something that has not been conclusively proven, it is an opinion against a scientific fact that has been proven time and again. It is like saying the sun revolves around the earth and then making fun of people who know otherwise. This is trolling.

Spark

Global Moderator
No, it isn't. Trolling is saying something deliberately offensive to draw a reaction or to disrupt the forum. An extreme form of provocation. If JBMAC genuinely believes Murali is a chucker (which I personally don't, at all), then it's his right. This ain't the place though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Thinking/Calling Murali a chucker shouldn't definitely be trolling but just randomly bumping into a thread about the most indispensable player asking "Who decided Murali was the most indispensable player in the first place?" and then in all the responses that come, highlighting the term bowler and calling using that term a joke saying "This is the winner of the best joke post of the year" with 10 :laugh: smilies,not once but twice should really come close.

Not once has it been explained that why considering Murali "a bowler" is so funny or why he wasn't indispensable or any attempts made to have a discussion about it.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can see both arguments about Murali and sympathise with both sides. For me he was a chucker BUT he was cleared by the governing body of the sport and that for me was the end of it. I can understand why Murali fans get so wound up and also why haters still knock him.

As for the current most indispensable player, probably Zaheer Khan as without him India's attack resembled a that of a minor county in England. Trouble is he will only play rarely from now on as he is injury prone and ageing, not a good combination.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

The self-rigtheousness is strong in this one

That's not trolling.

Expressing a differing opinion in one or two words or sentences is not, by definition, trolling.

Or can't people express an opinion with respect to that player's action (be it here or elsewhere on the forum)?
Nice try. You know its how he said it and where he said it, and not what he actually said.

If he made his view open about Murali in a thread discussing bowler actions fine.

But for him to come here and say Murali isn't a bowler at all is blatant trolling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No, it isn't. Trolling is saying something deliberately offensive to draw a reaction or to disrupt the forum. An extreme form of provocation. If JBMAC genuinely believes Murali is a chucker (which I personally don't, at all), then it's his right. This ain't the place though.
That's the key point here. In a thread discussing how good a bowler is, if you come here and say "well he's not really a bowler is he", well I think he's only looking for one reaction isn't he? Especially since the thread had nothing to do with discussing his action.