• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

andmark

International Captain
What about a thread totally dedicated to random facts we hear about the game (things like the American Civil War's relationship to The Ashes)?

Riggins

International Captain
Last night on Fox they showed an extended highlights package of the Prince's 3 test hundreds.

It was awesome, and it's obvious why they're doing it, but I wish they'd do that sort of thing organically without the need for a preceding tragedy. I would have loved to watch that at any time during the last 5 years. I think they should do it more often for a range of people and centuries, 5wicket hauls etc. Instead they insist on showing highlights of useless **** like pakistan playing the champions trophy in 2006. It smacks of a producer who is not a sports fan.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
One of my biggest pet hates is that companies like Sky Sports have so much footage, but you only ever see the same games during rain delays etc. Sky even have an unofficial cricket channel, which sometimes shows past highlights, but all they do is show the same five different days of Ashes cricket over and over. I never thought I'd get sick of 517/1 but I have.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah and the thing is Fox do it here every so often anyway. You'll just be watching some average golf replay and then out of no where comes the full highlights of some Michael Clarke hundred from 2006 or something. It's glorious. It lasts 10 minutes and then it's gone. It happens like once every five months and I'd love it to happen like once a week.

I'd love an hour show once a week where they show extended highlights of three great innings or three great bowling performances or something. None of the over-produced bull****, no introduction, maybe a short interview but not much. Just the highlights all from behind the bowlers arm with the original commentary.

Riggins

International Captain
Basically I want to just watch Rob's youtube channel with my dad and brother in high def on the big screen.

cnerd123

likes this
Ten Sports used to have a feature when I was a kid that was exactly that - highlights of various great test innings, from the 70s to 90s. Loved that.

andmark

International Captain
Ten Sports used to have a feature when I was a kid that was exactly that - highlights of various great test innings, from the 70s to 90s. Loved that.
This is very old school, but does anyone remember ESPN Classic? They'd show some match from the 70s/80s pretty much everyday. Wish it would come back :(

Midwinter

State Captain
Now that they are covering about 50m width behind the bowlers arm with white material why do they still have a sight screen ?

Is it because they have presold the advertising rights?

Midwinter

State Captain
India changed the ball today twice in nine overs today
Australia changed the ball at least once

Is there a systematic problem with the cricket balls this year ?

andmark

International Captain
I'm getting sick of watching videos of the great batsman (Viv, M/S Waugh, Bradman etc) and with few only exceptions finding that there's a debate in the comments section of the video about how Sachin Tendulkar is better or worse. FFS, cricket doesn't start or end at Tendulkar. I remember when he retired and the American media were making an explicit effort to make a big thing of it (e.g: he was on the cover of Time Magazine- with a headline (clearly from wiki) of "The God of Cricket") even though there was barely a whimper when 3 ATXI worthy players (Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist) retired in the same match. It's ridiculous the media attention he gets in comparison to other great players. Rant over :furious: