• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Alastair Cook got 140 in a darts game against Jimmy Anderson today. Sadly his highest score on TV for two years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm getting sick of watching videos of the great batsman (Viv, M/S Waugh, Bradman etc) and with few only exceptions finding that there's a debate in the comments section of the video about how Sachin Tendulkar is better or worse. FFS, cricket doesn't start or end at Tendulkar. I remember when he retired and the American media were making an explicit effort to make a big thing of it (e.g: he was on the cover of Time Magazine- with a headline (clearly from wiki) of "The God of Cricket") even though there was barely a whimper when 3 ATXI worthy players (Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist) retired in the same match. It's ridiculous the media attention he gets in comparison to other great players. Rant over :furious:
It's hard sometimes but you just have the find the self-control to not read the comments. You don't decide to go on YouTube in order to read the comments and you obviously don't enjoy them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone know how to find the number of no-balls a player has bowled in his career or over a period of time?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm getting sick of watching videos of the great batsman (Viv, M/S Waugh, Bradman etc) and with few only exceptions finding that there's a debate in the comments section of the video about how Sachin Tendulkar is better or worse. FFS, cricket doesn't start or end at Tendulkar. I remember when he retired and the American media were making an explicit effort to make a big thing of it (e.g: he was on the cover of Time Magazine- with a headline (clearly from wiki) of "The God of Cricket") even though there was barely a whimper when 3 ATXI worthy players (Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist) retired in the same match. It's ridiculous the media attention he gets in comparison to other great players. Rant over :furious:
lolwut?

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
Does anyone know when/against who Pakistan's next test series is? I can't seem to find it if it exists at all.

cnerd123

likes this
Man if only Stick Cricket brought back multiplayer. Like with bowling and batting. I love the 2 players 1 keyboard thing.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So this has been weighing on my mind recently even though it is probably unlikely to happen in an actual game.

See below, Obelix throws throws the javelin around the world and it comes back to where it started.

Now, if a batsman hit the ball and it goes around the world and returns to where it started and is caught by a fielder without hitting the ground, is it out? I say yes. Thoughts?

Howe_zat

Audio File
You are correct. Law 32.3 (e)

[It is a fair catch if] (e) a fielder catches the ball after it has crossed the boundary in the air, provided that after being struck by the bat, the first contact with the ball is by a fielder, not touching or grounded beyond the boundary, who has some part of his person grounded within the boundary or whose final contact with the ground before touching the ball was entirely within the boundary.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If the ball incinerates in the upper atmosphere without hitting the ground does it count as a six?
Yes, so long as the batsman struck it. It's a lost ball situation.

Law 20

1. Fielder to call Lost ball

If a ball in play cannot be found or recovered, any fielder may call Lost ball. The ball shall then become dead.

3.(b) The batting side shall additionally be awarded,

either (i) the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the call, or (ii) 6 runs, whichever is the greater. These shall be credited to the striker if the ball has been struck by the bat