• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morgan's dismissal was the worst. Still can't believe it. But Broad's innings gave gutless a new name.

Niall

International Coach
The Faf innings v Zimbabwe was pretty rotten and seems to have slipped under the radar.

Gayle v Ireland was poor enough as well especially compared to how Stirling batted.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Don't really agree with the Broad inclusion. He's played the same innings for a while now regardless of the situation. He's a tailender who came in at 110-7. Through Johnson then having his nose broken whilst batting he's lost anything he once had. Sure it was crap but that's no different from all his batting at this point. Inclusion should be dependent on an ability to play better- Broad doesn't really have that ability right now.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, not sure why people think he can still bat and he's always been hopeless in ODI's anyway (ave of 12 and top score of 45 FFS)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gayle v Ireland was poor enough as well especially compared to how Stirling batted.
Harsh. Batting conditions for Gayle were tougher than for Stirling and Gayle was in atrocious - nearly Morganesque - form coming into the game. Gayle's innings was not why WI lost that game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Some people may disagree, but I thought Shehzad's innings was really really poor. When he was batting with Harris, all he needed to do was take singles and give him the strike because Harris was batting quite superbly. Shehzad just couldn't get the ball in the gaps at all and built tons of pressure on himself and Harris. Once or twice, he released the pressure with a very high risk shot like a charge down the wicket swipe through midwicket and a sliced slog down the ground... but it only ended up delaying the inevitable. The pressure he built at his end affected Harris too and it completely stifled the Pakistan chase.

It'd have been a good innings if he'd absorbed the pressure and played a proper anchor knock and scored 80-100 off 120-125 balls. But he buckled under the pressure of those dot balls and dug his own hole.
you have just dissected every Shehzad's knock where he does not get a 100. Whenever he gets a start I began dreading because he suffocates the life out of the innings and only makes up if gets a really big score..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't really agree with the Broad inclusion. He's played the same innings for a while now regardless of the situation. He's a tailender who came in at 110-7. Through Johnson then having his nose broken whilst batting he's lost anything he once had. Sure it was crap but that's no different from all his batting at this point. Inclusion should be dependent on an ability to play better- Broad doesn't really have that ability right now.
Also shows why the bloke isn't vice captain of the side, and embarrasses England for making him a captain in any form.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah, not sure why people think he can still bat and he's always been hopeless in ODI's anyway (ave of 12 and top score of 45 FFS)
It's not a matter of what he scored, it's the fact that he looked absolutely terrified of the ball. Genuine number 11 material.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not a matter of what he scored, it's the fact that he looked absolutely terrified of the ball. Genuine number 11 material.
Exactly the point. He is genuine No 11 material..............and I don't think this thread was intended for tail ender nominations.

Niall

International Coach
Lovely of you to remember a South African effort amid the myriad examples thrown up by England.
Only wanted to name innings not posted in the thread and Faf hadn't been. Their was much worse innings than Faf but to be fair the lads were all over them before I posted.

I did have a bet on Faf to score the most SA runs v Zimmers at 9/2 so I am biased. :@

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly the point. He is genuine No 11 material..............and I don't think this thread was intended for tail ender nominations.
Nah it was worse than a number 11. Genuinely no intent to attempt to bat out the rest of the over (around 20 at that stage) with Root, which may have got them 200. It was piss poor.