• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cook Vs the WI quartet of the 80s

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rodney Hogg would have you believe Jeff Thompson most definitely bowled 230 kmph bowling against the wind with an iron ball.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Was listening to Rodney Hogg speak on Friday night, and he said that he judged it by how far back the 'keeper stood. Told us a story about how he walked out to face Jeff Thompson in a Shield match, and swore the wicketkeeper was all but on the fence. At test level, pretty sure he rated Holding as the quickest he faced.

And then he claimed to have seen Joel Garner (?) hit the sightscreen on one bounce at the WACA. Thats scarily quick.
I literally don't believe ANY of that.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Was listening to Rodney Hogg speak on Friday night, and he said that he judged it by how far back the 'keeper stood. Told us a story about how he walked out to face Jeff Thompson in a Shield match, and swore the wicketkeeper was all but on the fence. At test level, pretty sure he rated Holding as the quickest he faced.

And then he claimed to have seen Joel Garner (?) hit the sightscreen on one bounce at the WACA. Thats scarily quick.
Wait, I also heard Rodney Hogg speak at my cricket presentation last Friday night. Gymea Bay?

Rodney had some interesting things to say, but you couldn't help thinking some of it was exaggerated.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What an argument!

Ok so Fidel Edwards bowls faster than WI quarlet...

But then Mr. Alastair Cook, if I'm watching cricket for the last 20 years, then Shaun Tait bowls faster than Glenn McGrath did. No? And Umar Akmal and Yusuf Pathan hit the ball harder than Sachin Tendulkar....
And this

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well done. You've quoted the forum's worst ever poster, and biggest scumbag, to back up your pathetic posting. Bravo you.
As far as I remember, he was just slightly better than you....which means he was very bad actually

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as I remember, he was just slightly better than you....which means he was very bad actually
Yes remember all those posts I made about people's parentage and raping daughters and what not

Or how about you just shut the **** up?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha so your argument in this thread is that I quoted Bun. Ok, where are the other apologetics who were so eager in the official thread?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not my argument at all. I didn't get involved in your Fidel Edwards drivel in the tour thread. I merely think it's sad that you use such a low life form to validate yourself. Says it all, for me.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I liked his one post doesn't mean I like him.

Plus I don't know much about him anyways. His posts about cricket were slightly better than yours, that's all.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Look Captain Cook is as good as anyone since Bradman and since the Don still did okay against Larwood and Bowes, I'm sure Cook would've averaged mid 60s against Fire in Babylon.8-)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well, Cook's weakness is on the drive and strength is against short pitched bowling. It could happen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marshall would have pitched it up and had him like an original Thunderbird puppet with him under control.

End of discussion.