• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Pretty turgid stuff this sadly.

I think both guys have accepted Canelo is winning this by UD, don't blame the crowd for not enjoying this.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Canelo hasn’t done much more than the bare minimum either

GGG simply hasn’t thrown a thing so every round is Canelo’s with a few jabs & the odd hook

Niall

International Coach
More proactive this from GGG, but it's way to late sadly. Canelo content to cruise understandably with so many rounds won.

Niall

International Coach
Pretty one sided that , thankfully GGG has got paid and no brutal knockdowns.

Watched the other fights on the main card, not a great PPV whatsoever sadly.

social

Awful fight

GGG is finished as he couldn’t pull the trigger from the outset

Canelo knows that he can’t hurt him but didn’t need to either

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The whole Joshua Fury thing is weird, I don't know why its all so rushed and why AJ must fight before the 3rd December and not wait a little longer?
I just don't think Fury is serious about this at all is ultimately looking for attention.

Don't mind it happening ....but before Xmas? Doubtful.

Hope the ladies boxing does not get cancelled due to Lizzie dying, really looking forward to Shields v Marshall despite the press conferences been so corny. :laugh:

My lazy take was Shields wins keeps her distance and wins by points.
One possibility could be that Fury’s already been in camp for the last month and is hoping to catch a demoralised AJ before he’s really ready for another mega-fight.

But equally if not more likely that Fury’s just bull****ting to stay relevant and the whole thing will fall through.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
One possibility could be that Fury’s already been in camp for the last month and is hoping to catch a demoralised AJ before he’s really ready for another mega-fight.

But equally if not more likely that Fury’s just bull****ting to stay relevant and the whole thing will fall through.
I think he legite wants to fight AJ.

He is trying to find any reason not to fight Usyk.

If I was managing him I'd direct him to do the same thing.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Re: GGG

Something like 400 amateur fights wasn't it? And then some wars with the likes of Derevyanchenko, and Murata recently. Add in decades of sparring and yeah, if guys don't get brutally KOed they end up not being able to pull the trigger.

Should retire. Has made the $$$ now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think he legite wants to fight AJ.

He is trying to find any reason not to fight Usyk.

If I was managing him I'd direct him to do the same thing.
I will put big money on a draw in the Fury vs AJ fight.

So much money in a rematch and they'll both get to forget about Usyk.

Usyk is no fool and understands this hence why he's calling for Wilder so he can at least stay relevant.

social

Fury is simply doing what people with the power in boxing have been doing for a while

Usyk is a massive risk & almost certainly a much lesser financial reward than AJ

If Fury was ever going to fight AJ, now is the time

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I'm probably one of those people who don't give Joyce enough credit because his style can be crude, but that was domination of a game Parker.

Not sure what is next for both, Joyce deserves a money fight,,,dunno about Parker hopefully a long break tbh.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Definitely got that one wrong haha. Joyce is a monster. Insane engine, excellent jab.

A bit Foreman-esque.

Niall

International Coach
So who can Joyce beat as its obvious he will want a big name next.

He'd be a nightmare for Joshua next and would probably win against him, I don't see him beating Usyk......he v Fury would be interesting but a 100% Fury would probably beat him......Wilder dunno,,,if Wilder connects then oh boy but Joyce has an insane chin so its feasible he could survive some bombs and then it would be good night for DW.

Hopefully no "stay busy" fight nexy ,,,he is 27 after all!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** Joyce has a chin. Walked through some big punches like they were nothing. Some of his punches look awful, but as Napoleon said: quantity has a quality all of its own. Fair play to him, nobody’s done that to Parker. Deserves a title shot at some point.

For Joe, showed a lot of fight, but just didn’t have the power needed to make Joyce back off. Not sure where he goes now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So who can Joyce beat as its obvious he will want a big name next.

He'd be a nightmare for Joshua next and would probably win against him, I don't see him beating Usyk......he v Fury would be interesting but a 100% Fury would probably beat him......Wilder dunno,,,if Wilder connects then oh boy but Joyce has an insane chin so its feasible he could survive some bombs and then it would be good night for DW.

Hopefully no "stay busy" fight nexy ,,,he is 27 after all!
I think AJ and Wilder have enough power to KO him early, and they would deal with him the easiest of the top heavyweights.

It's actually a tough fight for Usyk and Fury even. It's one thing going 5 rounds with him, going 12 is very difficult if you don't have that truly elite power.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wilder certainly does. Joshua maybe, but I reckon Joyce has a better chance against him than the rest of the big 4. Usyk too much movement for Joyce’s slow punches, Fury’s footwork and size would be too much, and Wilder would probably KO him in 4 rounds. Joshua probably wins too, Joyce is very hittable and looked vulnerable to the uppercut several times in that fight, but that chin is something else. If the fight went past 7 rounds I’d definitely favour him to win.