• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

WICFan

U19 Captain
Dunno if Fury is just jealous that Joshua and Usyk are obviously getting all the attention due to their upcoming fight or if he is genuinely serious but if genuine then yuck....

Maybe if he treats it as a glorified tune up fight and then fights the winner of Usyk/Joshua it may not be so ****e.

He's once again announced his 'retirement'.....probably drafting up his next return announcement already.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Usyk-AJ rematch this week.

So excited. Such a great fight. I am not understanding the people who think the result is a foregone conclusion, and I think Joshua is being severely underrated.

I've rewatched the first fight, it was very competitive. Could be argued it was 4-4 going into round 9, with Usyk sweeping the later rounds.

Niall

International Coach
Shocking that for the first time in ages what is predominately a UK PPV is not a shambles undercard. I think the dude Smith is fighting is decent?

Hrgovic also. :wub:

Backing Usyk by points but would not be surprised to see Joshua get it done, for me was much closer than people think before last few rounds.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t give Joshua much more than a puncher’s chance as Usyk is simply better

Weigh in will be interesting as Usyk looks to have bulked up and, if so, might have an impact upon his speed & stamina

Another unknown is the impact of everything happening at home

Usyk by late stoppage

Niall

International Coach
proper after timing and he may still lose but My God,,,,Zhang was 9.0 to beat Hrgovic,,,madness.

Fun brawl this.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Lol that was so cringey when AJ was on the mic.

Usyk was awesome as always. Fury wants no part of him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know that it’s a massive amount of money to pass up ($35 million & ppv) and that there’s no guarantees in boxing but I do think that it was a mistake for Joshua to take that fight if the objective was to win

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oof, that bizarre rant is gonna be damaging to Joshua’s wholesome nice guy brand.

Usyk is so ****in’ great, the way he slipped those jabs and fired back with counters… it was like video-game levels of perfection. A lot of people expressed amazement at his rd 10 comeback, but it was more or less exactly what I expected. We all knew that at some point Joshua was going to have a crack at bulldozing Usyk, and we all know that Joshua always needs 3 or 4 rounds off after exerting himself like that. Usyk obviously expected it and planned to find a way through and then pounce. In the end Usyk never looked in any kind of trouble, just a superb performance. If this is his last fight it’s a hell of a goodbye.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what AJ does now. Can’t think there’s much interest in a Whyte rematch after his embarrassing showing v Fury. Would love to see a Wilder AJ fight, but I kinda doubt it’ll happen.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure what AJ does now. Can’t think there’s much interest in a Whyte rematch after his embarrassing showing v Fury. Would love to see a Wilder AJ fight, but I kinda doubt it’ll happen.
Really good question.

Aj says he wants to fight before 2023 so that rules out Wilder, Ruiz and God forbid Ortiz as all of then have fights coming up.

The Whyte fight is meh but I think it would do ok UK business and would be a relatively easy and high profile win for him.

I went online and while he was clearly an idiot at the end, their is way to much disrespect to him, he was competitive in both fights and only lost by split to an ATG.

Dunno what would happen if he fought Wilder, obvious call is if Wilder connects then goodnight vienna, but not like Wilder's defenses are impenetrable.

Hopefully Fury shuts up and we get him v Usyk next year, because if Fury sits on his arse and Usyk seems to only fight Fury then yuck.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Could potentially see Joshua fighting the winner of Joyce/Parker.

Know he pretty comprehensively beat JP last time out, but Parker didn't really look too interested to me. If he beats JJ Joshua could be his best option as Usyk, Fury and Wilder would dismantle him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Could potentially see Joshua fighting the winner of Joyce/Parker.

Know he pretty comprehensively beat JP last time out, but Parker didn't really look too interested to me. If he beats JJ Joshua could be his best option as Usyk, Fury and Wilder would dismantle him.
Was thinking that if Usyk had to wait a year to fight Fury he might take the winner of Joyce v Parker as an easy mandatory defence to keep him fit until the Saudi’s are done rummaging around under their couch cushions for the $150 million hosting fee.